free website stats program noise from right side of engine | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

noise from right side of engine

So the tensioners, outer cam bearings (does your model have these, or do the shafts run in the plate as journal bearings?), chains all look OK from a visual inspection standpoint, right?

That makes me worry. The inner bearings. When the cams were done, were these upgraded from the INAs to the Torringtons?

If all that is OK, then no chance the sound is actually on the left in the Primary, right?

If definitely on the right, and everything above is OK, then the lifters are suspect as stated previously.

TQ

I just checked the chain & tensioner, from what I could see everything looked like it was brand new. The build was done by a HD shop at 4K so it would be safe to say that the inner bearings are stock and I take it that the lifters are stock as well, and it doesn't sound like lifters because the noise intermittent and more of a grinding sound. There is absolutely no noise coming from the primary and when on the primary side of the bike you can't hear the noise at all, you can only hear the noise from the right side of the bike. Maybe I'll ride the bike until is breaks down or the noise gets so bad that there is no question on where it is.

Back