free website stats program no sert or power commander required?!? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

no sert or power commander required?!?

I tell you what,
Tomorrow i am going to my local dealer and thank THEM for treating me so good, have never felt taken or mis-treated, bunch of great people.
No smoke and mirrors with them. (In sales and service my self) Heck they call me to repair all of their doors and i treat them the same way..respect..

If you only do one or the other, slip ons or AC, you will be fine, if both, then adjustment is highly recommended. I'm only going to slip ons and I have an o2IED ordered. The reason I'm going to the IED, I have a ping with harder roll on's, so, I want to fatten it up cheap for $70.00!

If considering pipes and AC, try it out, if you get a decell pop or intake fart, you need a program!

For those with an 08, I'm curious if anyone else has a ping issue. The easiest way to check is, put it in 3rd gear at about 22-2300 R's, then roll it on fairly hard, tell me what you hear?? It happens in other gears as well, just easy to check in 3rd gear. I'm going to try the IED before I take it in for the rear cylinder shut down.

depending when your 08 was made you can turn on the parade duty rear cylinder shutdown yourself

If you are just doing slip-ons of any type, you don't need to get anything tuned. However if you are doing a full setup including the headers, you should.

The problem I am having now is ping while crusing when I roll on the power. Pretty sad for a new bike with 1330 miles with a bone stock motor! I'm waiting to see what HD is going to do about it, if anything! Unfortunitly, this will be a more common problem with the 2010 models, as all new bikes will have to run this lean to meet EPA AND CARB!!! So, buyer beware in 2010! For nw I will buy the IED's and throw them on to see if it will help with the ping.

Block,

Are you using the highest octane gas you can find in your area?

TQ

Yes Hobbit you re right there is no reason why a new stock bike should ping (Especially a bike with knocking sensor fitted as standard).
But, this is what my stock -07 FLHTP is doing. In 3rd,4t,5th and 6st it starts to ping when I roll on the throttle at 3000rpm.
The dealer have checked all the sensors and faults codes and found nothing.
I am pretty sure the pinging started when the shop fitted new heads (Recall from MOCO) with ACR. But are being told that these could not be the reason.
The pingin occurs with one rider, it makes no change if it is at altitude, sea level or if the weather is hot or warm. At all times am I runing 98 octane fuel.
I have no intention to fit any more "kit" to solve the problem as I beleive the bike should work as it came out of the box!
Do you have any thoughts what it could be?

According to several articles in American Iron Magazine, the ECM's on '07 and later bikes WILL compensate for mufflers and air cleaner. Prior ECM's were not capable of doing so. The information comes from pretty reliable sources. I have a SERT on my '08 bike for only one reason, to reduce temps at idle.

Sure it will compensate but the best it can do is the EPA lean setting if that's what you want. :D (lean= HOT)

Back