free website stats program No ONE KNOWS HOW????????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No ONE KNOWS HOW?????????

We're gonna have to call you Bubbie II soon Jack! :lolrolling

Sorry boss my old dell has a stuck key board but I hit it reall hard with a hammer I think it will be O K , signed, Bubbie II. LOL sorryBubbie no slam intended

musta missed the post,your wanting to hook up a DYNA S to a bike with a electric starter? whats the prob,hooks up the same as any other bike!!??

I can't believe no old timers or harley techs knows the answer to my problem about how to hook up the ignition module and coil into the wiring system with a push button starter.?

Rainman, there is a simple answer, just depends on whether your talking stock or after market...! Will these general basic diagrams help...?

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/3646-wiring_diagrams.html

Or are you working on something a bit more complex...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/17672-chrome_switch_housings_switchs.html

Thanks you for the reply. Sorry it seemed so rude to get responses, but I got 16.
The push button is directly on the cellunoid, not on the handle bars. Just reach down and push the button to start motor. Someone had severley chopped into this so I just took EVERYTHING OUT and started from scratch. I was able to get all my lights, running thru a fused lined from the battery), to work. It does not have a starter switch. I guess that is where my confusion lies. Shouldn't I be able to run a on / off switch from the White (positive) side of the coil to the battery?

This is a 1989 FLT Tour Glide. It is carburated. Not fuel injected. I have all my lights workin so i am not worried about this part. I have NO ignition key, no relays. If I was to put in a ON/OFF switch and run one wire from the coil (WHITE<POSITIVE) to the switch, where would the other wire from the ON/OFF switch hook up to, with no ignition? Does the coil need to shut off intermittently while the bike is runnin to avoid overheating?

12v to switch,switch to + side of coil,done deal.jeez,somebody gunna have to come by and show ya how to turn your headlight on now???!!!

Hey clown, it's the first time I have EVER worked on a bike. I completely tore this thing down and rebuilt it myself, without any training and I am getting world wide attention for it. I bet you were a pro on your first trip, right slick! I put some pics up on an album big boi then speak. Tell me if you could turn a worn out bagger into something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back