free website stats program Nightster won't start | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster won't start

So, a little update....... I was pretty upset about the bike so I didn't touch it for a few days....... reluctantly drove my truck for a while, I hate driving a 4 wheeler when I don't have to!!!!

Anyway, I borrowed a CKS from my sister in law's 883 low and actually tried my CKS in her bike, it fired right up....... So I took my seat off and disconnected my V&H Fuelpak and reconnected the ECM stock and it fired right up. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the Fuelpak connector that plugs into the stock wiring harness (not the end that plugs into the ECM from the Fuelpak) the plastic shell that enshrouds the connector fell apart in my hands......bummer, it's two years old and of course out of warranty!!

Anyhoo.... So I am thinking Power Commander, or something else, cause it definately doesn't run GREAT, like it did with the Fuelpak. Question is will it really hurt the bike to run it without a fueler? Is it running THAT LEAN? I am guessing no, but I don't know, should I believe all the aftermarket hype? I'm just a little peeved that I spent $250 on what is now junk!!!

Thoughts? Anybody have any suggestions?

Connector shells are cheap, and if you are happy with the V&H Fuelpak get part number for the shell, it is probably made by AMP, Deutch, Molex or the like...all it takes is a bit of persistance...those shells can be had SOMEWHERE...try Google...though I would think V&H would like to support you and your endorsement on how pleased you are with their product. JMO

:no

I don't think it's just the connector though. I think something is fried in the fuelpak. I'm going to call them tomorrow and have a little chit chat with them. I bought it brand new off of ebay from what looked like a pretty reputable seller. ..... Pretty sure it was a store, and the price was right.

I'm still wondering how hard it really is on the motor running it with my pipes and air cleaner without a fueler? It's kinda neat now, when I let off the throttle, you would swear I was making popcorn. Really loud popcorn!!!!! And I do miss the torque. But I can open the throttle the whole way for a while now and not scare the (EDIT) out of myself!!!!! So there is a bright side to this!!!!! (Sarcasm is somehow better if it is spoken :p )

Right now, I'm still thinking Power Commander, but I'm going to see what V&H says when I talk to them.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back