free website stats program Nightrider IED ordered | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightrider IED ordered

I got them and when the harley dealership found out about them they told me that those will void my warrenty....so take them off before taking your ride to the shop for work...

I got them and when the harley dealership found out about them they told me that those will void my warrenty....so take them off before taking your ride to the shop for work...

I believe they are always saying something will void the warranty!!!!

The friend who installed them is the Service Manager at the Harley Dealership where the bike was purchased! I don't think I'll have any problems. I would change dealerships if I were you.

While appreciated for the results posted by mrclean it simply points out what we already know. Leaner=hotter, richer=cooler. The important thing to understand is the small amount of time that O2 sensors actually play a roll in fuel metering. Yes, cruising down a highway they do. If they were heated yes they would. But at idle, in traffic, probably not, and this is the condition that people seem to be trying to correct. So, why not go with something that will play a role in all or most conditions. Is it not results we are all looking for? I use a TFI module and it eliminates the O2's. It works great, easy to install, perhaps triple the price but who cares at least it's effective and not partly effective. There are other ways of doing it also, depends how much one wants to spend and whether or not one is going to alter the motor or not.

While appreciated for the results posted by mrclean it simply points out what we already know. Leaner=hotter, richer=cooler. The important thing to understand is the small amount of time that O2 sensors actually play a roll in fuel metering. Yes, cruising down a highway they do. If they were heated yes they would. But at idle, in traffic, probably not, and this is the condition that people seem to be trying to correct. So, why not go with something that will play a role in all or most conditions. Is it not results we are all looking for? I use a TFI module and it eliminates the O2's. It works great, easy to install, perhaps triple the price but who cares at least it's effective and not partly effective. There are other ways of doing it also, depends how much one wants to spend and whether or not one is going to alter the motor or not.

I just got back from a 2 day 1500 mile ride. The bike seems to run cooler with the IED"S, but I won't really be able to tell until July/August. The decel pop is still annoying. I couldn't tell anything about gas mileage since I was a little heavy on the throttle this time.

If the engine is not noticeably cooler this summer, I will probably do a TFI. What you said about the heat experienced while at a traffic light is a point well taken. That's what I'm waiting to see.

Alan

Re: Nightrider IED

I just installed the IED's on my 08 Electra Glide Classic a few days ago. This is my first Harley and with only a couple of hundred miles on it, I'm still getting the hang of it. I can say though, that the IEDs seem to make my scoot run cooler, idle smoother, and there's a little more pull when you roll on the throttle. It's still a bit cool here in the Boston area, but I've seen lots of evidence in another forum that these things work. There is a new XIED that was just released and reports so far are pretty impressive. Steve at Nightrider is a standup guy who responds to questions via email and phone like nobody's business. Lots of folks have vouched for the product and for the money, it's well spent $$.
Joe

Attachments

• bike crop1.jpg
    bike crop1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 18
The O2 sensor actually plays a major role in the operation of the Bike. It is a major player when the Bike is in closed loop which is the majority of the time you are riding. It affects idle up to about 50% throttle up to 4700 rpm's. This is where the average rider spends the greatest amount of time.

The Delphi system is a good system. It's short comings are in closed loop where EPA mandates a lean setting of 14.7. Nightriders has over come this with there XIED which brings it down to a cooler 13.8. It also improves throttle response and acceleration.

When you twist the throttle wide open your in open loop now. The stock map delivers even lower AFR's in open loop. Measured at the tailpipe between 12.8 and 13.1.

You don't need another ECU or piggy back fuel mngt device. The Nightrider XIED will set the closed loop where it should of been when you rode your Bike out the dealers door.

Best Bang For The Buck. XIED only $109.

I'm a little ticked that Nightrider pushed the IED"s at a special price, which I jumped at (free shipping) and didn't announce until afterwards that they were coming out with the XIED's. I would have waited for the tests to come in and then purchased them.

I'll be waiting to hear from others who have installed the X's before I make a decision. I'm confident a TFI will work. I just need more independent testimony.

Daytrip, You might want to go to the Nightrider site and take a look at this:

Nightrider Trade Up program:
Riders who purchased their O2 iED's after March 20 can get a $25 refund against their XiED purchase if they return their original IED's to us within 2 weeks of the XiED ship date.
Riders who purchased O2 iED's earlier than March 20 can get a $15 refund against their XiED purchase if they return their original IED's to us within 2 weeks of the XiED ship date.

Daytrip, You might want to go to the Nightrider site and take a look at this:

Nightrider Trade Up program:
Riders who purchased their O2 iED's after March 20 can get a $25 refund against their XiED purchase if they return their original IED's to us within 2 weeks of the XiED ship date.
Riders who purchased O2 iED's earlier than March 20 can get a $15 refund against their XiED purchase if they return their original IED's to us within 2 weeks of the XiED ship date.

I cannot find any such information on their site.

Back