free website stats program Nightrider IED ordered | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightrider IED ordered

I got a stage one download. Plus the IEDs installed. Bike run great. Found a race fueler for 75.00 on ebay, dealer dialed it in on dyno for 70.00. With all this bike flat moves out. After a hard run in 63 deg temp. Head temps are 242 front, 245 rear.:bigsmiley11:

What's the reason for the IED's AND the race fueler? Both do the same thing basically for the mixture. The fueler alone would do what you are trying to do with less add ons added to the bike to go bad.

You don't need the race tuner with the IED's if your keeping your bike simple. I think the author simply bought the race tuner because $70 is too great a deal to pass up. Plus it allows you to play with the bike.

As for adding on parts to break, you could add on approx. 11 sets of IED's before you would equal the cost of a New Race Tuner and a good Dyno Tune.

Its a simple fix that works very effectively. I have them too. The drop in temperature was significant.

You don't need the race tuner with the IED's if your keeping your bike simple. I think the author simply bought the race tuner because $70 is too great a deal to pass up. Plus it allows you to play with the bike.

As for adding on parts to break, you could add on approx. 11 sets of IED's before you would equal the cost of a New Race Tuner and a good Dyno Tune.

Its a simple fix that works very effectively. I have them too. The drop in temperature was significant.

Only problem here is that it was a race FUELER, not a race tuner.....big difference here. Still don't understand why the IED's would be needed with the fueler, they both will do the same thing.

Finally installed the IED yesterday. Took about 10 minutes (for my HD mechanic buddy). I haven't ridden in warm enough weather to tell anything yet about the temp, but I'll be riding 1500 miles in a couple of weeks over a 3 day period. I should learn a lot on this trip.

I may be wrong--I've only done one 20 mile ride--but I think the decel popping has diminished with the IED'S. I had a little, but very little--and before there was a regular and audible pop on decel.

I'll report back after the trip. My hope is that a fuel management system and Stage One a/c will not be necessary with the IED.

Alan

Glider here's a 20 page thread of owners who have tried and tested the IED's by Nightrider. The results are impressive. More good news is Nightrider is coming out with the Extremes. The IED targets an AFR of 14.2 in closed loop. The new Extreme targets an AFR of 13.8. I was one of the lucky few who got to field test the Extreme. Throttle response is amazing. The Bike cruises effortlessly as less throttle is necessary. It runs up hill with ease 2 up. My fuel mileage at the end of the first day was up to 46.87. Obviously due to using less throttle to cruise. The cost will be just a tad over $100. Same easy installation that takes minutes. They will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry Folks it looks like the Forum deleted the link to the test results.

Last edited:
For my first post here I'll report my results with the Nightrider O2 IED's.

I've finally had a chance to put a few miles on my FLHTC with the O2 IED's installed. About 1300 miles total, a good mix of interstate, 4 lane state highways and 2 lane back roads. Much of this was in Louisiana where the speed limits are significantly lower than Texas once you get off the Interstate.

My last few tanks of gas went 41,45,42,46,45,41 mpg. The last tank, coming home, was 39 mpg running 75 mph into the wind.

This is the best mileage I've ever gotten with this bike. I think that it's running so much better with the IEDs because it's more efficient and getting better mileage as a result.

My bike is an '07 FLHTC, the only mods are D&D Police Interceptor slip ons, spark plugs that are one range cooler, and the Nightrider O2 IED's. There is no stage 1 breather, no flashes or downloads.

That's real respectable MPG for the 96 engines with any mods. Thanks for the update and it sounds like you are real happy with the IED's.

Well, I spoke too soon. Rode today and the decel pop is still there. Otherwise, the performance is fine--no change I can tell. It's too cool still to tell if she's running any cooler. I'll report in a few weeks.

Alan

Back