free website stats program New Ultra Glide Fuel Filter Recall | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra Glide Fuel Filter Recall

bjryman

I just received a notice from HD that my 08 105th Glide is being recalled due to possible fuel filter problem. Apparently it might break loose and then fuel will stop flowing, with the expected shut down of the engine.

I am just about to take the beast in for the 5K checkup at 6K since the dealership couldn't get me in for three weeks. They hope to have the repair kit in stock in time to meet my Friday appointment date.

How many of you have had the problem. I'm planning on a couple of 300 mile rides in the next week and am getting a bit nervous.

Do a search it has been talked about a bunch

Thanks! Did a search like should have in the first place:)

Helpful, but still can't tell if the bikes are stopping all over the country or that this is a recall of the few to protect the many later on

There's been a few owners having mechanical stoppages because of the fuel filter but as a safety standpoint, I believe that's why there was a recall. No body has been injured that I have heard yet from this issue.

Most are coming apart like you say Smitty with low mileage, but if you have a bike that is in the recall time, it's best to have it done even if you have high miles and no problems with it. There's a weak point in the case of the filter and eventually it will probably let go.

08fuelpump.jpg

The arrows are where they are breaking.

Just got mine today, however I have already had my HD fix the problem.

I would not tke the chance Smitty, make them replace the problem now. Won't hurt.

Since this part is in the fuel tank, should you run the bike low on fuel before you drop it off for the recall work? ( maybe they will fill it up for you before they return it:D)

Sorry, I was dreaming:small3d023:

I would run it low .. the Tech will be happier im sure . I doubt they will fill it though nice thought

I replaced the part this last weekend in my garage. Luckily I found the canister. p/n 62229-08A.
Wasnt that difficult at all:s

Thanks gents....I'm going to my H.O.G. chapter meeting tonight at the dealership and dropping off the bike tommorrow. Hopefully, they have the repair kit by then.

I do feel a bit better after reading all the input, but will definitely get it repaired as soon as they have the part

Thanks Again!!

Back