free website stats program New Tri Glide delivered | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tri Glide delivered

Well, I finally got to put some miles on it on Wednesday. Unfortunately when I went to start it, I had a dead battery. Seemed awful strange since I had it plugged into a battery tender. The tenders red error light was on, so I unplugged it and took the seat off and hooked my 6/2 amp trickle charger up to the battery. Left it on for about a half hour and it would at least honk the horn, but still would not turn over. When I honked the horn I noticed something....The handgrips were nice and warm(with the key switch off). When I parked it, I just left the heated grips on and plugged in the battery tender and covered it up. No idea that the mechanic had screwed up and wired them direct instead of keyed. I contacted the dealer and they said to bring it in and they will load test the battery and replace it if needed and rewire the heated grips.
Wife and I went for a ride and put 60 miles on. I love it!! It runs and sounds great and the stereo at half volume is LOUD. Since the weather is so unpredictable around here, I am going to ride it while it is nice for the next week and then drop it off back at the shop. I have to say the windshield is just the perfect height(about 2" below eye level) and the wind is directed just above the top of your head. If anyone hasn't tried a newer HD that has a cat in the headpipe with a non catalyst head pipe and stock HD mufflers, I think you will be very impressed. I think it sounds awesome. Now all I have to do is wait for another day off to got for another ride.

you might add 10" paul yippes "bagger bars" the only extra's you will need is a 12" TBW extension and a 4" over clutch cable. that has made my '09 t/g
a-lot easier. no more bending to reach the grips.
wish we had a great dealer like you've got. also i really like the performance machine stage 1 rear brake kit. sure improves the convidence in brakeing.
just suggestions here. congrads on the nice trike. roll on and throttle-up.

Glad you traced the electric gremlin (grips) & dealer's going to make things right w/battery. Lets see some pics of those sweet trikes...gotta show them off. :D

Congrats on the new Trike. I am picking mine up tomorrow from the dealer. Had him go ahead and put the lift kit on it and move the tour back 2" and lifted. Very excited.

just a couple of things.
1 check out dennis's wind deflectors at T-GildeStuff.com. i have them & they work great.
change your oils to either spectro or red line oils. especially the trans oil. syn 3 is waay to thin for the transmission. i like r/l shockproof gear oil. synthetic. & their 20x60 syn motorcycle oil. order at HRPWORLD.COM
roll on and throttle-up.

Sounds like a wonderful bike and I know you and your wife will enjoy them for a long, long time. I was in Southern Thunder last weekend and mentioned to a salesman that I thought a Tri Glide would be my next (and last) bike. He then proceeded to try and talk me out of it by saying they are too "quick." He stated that if you started riding on a trike it was easier, but much more difficult if you went from two wheels to three. Hmmmmmmm........

Sounds like a wonderful bike and I know you and your wife will enjoy them for a long, long time. I was in Southern Thunder last weekend and mentioned to a salesman that I thought a Tri Glide would be my next (and last) bike. He then proceeded to try and talk me out of it by saying they are too "quick." He stated that if you started riding on a trike it was easier, but much more difficult if you went from two wheels to three. Hmmmmmmm........
The salesman is all wet.
During Bike Week 2012 I took the Tri-glide on a test ride for 8 miles. It handles nicely. as for being 'Quick' its just like any other bike or even converted motorcycle its all in how you handle it.
Simple rules from going to three wheels.
1. Do not put feet down.
2. Remember its wider
3. Don't try to lean the trike in turns.
4. Steer the trike
If you have your heart set on getting a trike take a test ride at the next big rally where Harley Davidson will have the test fleet.

congrats on Trike.
It took me about 400 miles of every type of Ridin on it that I could run it thru too finally feel good on it. Turning (slower) and keeping the RPMs up (2500 to 3000) on it seems too be the way l would say too keep me smiling and the motor humming.........
It's a Heavy machine and later-most guys go for the CAM....
I was wondering if Guttening the Cat out is sufficent enough.? and can you still use the same O2 Sensors if you add a auto tuner to it..?

Back