free website stats program New to the Forum | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New to the Forum

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Might I suggest that you keep an eye out for motorcycle rallies and/or meets. The vendors sometimes have demos available for test rides and we're seeing more and more trikes in the selections. Just my $0.02.

Welcome to the forum from the southwest desert.

Welcome from the central coast of California. Lots of good people and information here.

+1 on renting to see what you like and what your back will handle. I have several friends who have switched to trikes because of various disabilities. They love them.

Welcome to the forum from Suwannee. I'm not quite ready for a trike yet (only 67) but my wife has 2. They are very comfortable to ride and of course no putting your foot down at stops. They do take a little more upper body strength than a 2 wheeler though.

I'm looking at the Harley trikes and will most likely end up with a used one... the new ones are a bit out my reach...
Anyone done any deals with EBAY motorcycle sales folks? Got a call from one yesterday and deal sounds good (299 and they have insurance to guarantee both the buyer and seller safety... sounds good but need to get more details).
I've have been hit by so many scammers of late it makes it tough to sort out the legitimate folks...
So far I think I've only had 3 or 4 legitimate lookers, but nothing firm just yet.
So it might be a bit before I get that trike, so I have time to look around and possibly drive a few.
Will be putting new batteries in both my bikes this week as they are 5 years old and after the most recent recharge, both seem to be quite a bit more sluggish on the start up... I hear that 5 years is about the max on most batteries anyway.
Any recommendations on batteries, like best brand, etc.??

Welcome to the family,,
WAP.gif

Also been looking at maybe getting a sidecar for the Classic. Could sell the Road King Standard (FLHR) and get a side car... which would meet the requirements of not having to balance 800 lbs.
Anyone got any input on side cars????

Welcome cpmack1.Hope your back is not too bad. I had disc surgery in 2004 and in 2007 and despite occasional niggles I still ride my Road King regularly. I hope your back settles down and you still get to ride a bike or trike. :UK

Welcome aboard! Like the one triker said; if you can, try and ride one first for awhile to see if you would want to spend the money on it. They are not cheap! If you like the low sounds and alittle Vibration,Go for the Triglide. If you like smooth riding and quiet sound, go Honda etc... try to ride both.
I ride the Triglide and a lot of add-ons and I like people to hear me coming or going. Good Luck !:s

Back