free website stats program New stock hd tire/tyre but? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New stock hd tire/tyre but?

The outside grooves hitting the pavement Before the center of the groove..

You know what I mean,,,, a backward wishbone.....

Would love to see a picture of what your saying. I can't imagine turning the rain grooves around. Regardless of what the manufacture says, that would be suicide.

Would love to see a picture of what your saying. I can't imagine turning the rain grooves around. Regardless of what the manufacture says, that would be suicide.

Now mind you, Front tire design only, rear is the same design with different tread and grooved the original way in my book.

The problem was on a new front tire design and it would not hold up. As cupping and uneven tire wear was happening.

IF you go to a HD parts tire page, Look you will see the change.
They Are changed and the arrow rotation is Corrected to show it...
Now IF that is the only change in the tire ? just the rotation ?

The Reverse of the wishbone is just that.. I looked at Pictures of the stock OLD design and the New design and it is opposite of the old tire/tyre . My bike Came with the reversed wishbone and the arrow was changed also.

signed....BUBBIE

I just mounted some new E3s and noticed the same thing with the tread pattern, but followed the arrow on the sidewall. With the reports of mileage from tires varying so much from bikes previous to the new frames, I believe tire mileage is STILL directly influenced by the use of the throttle and brakes, not new style or old style frame. I got 30k out of the front tire on my 08 RK and 15k out of the rear 402s. That seems to be about average. Some got much less, some got a bit more. If your riding style is based more on fun per mile rather than minimizing cost per mile, you will pay more for gas, tires and brakes. That's just the way it is, regardless of new frame or old frame.

My 2009 Road Glide has the front tire mounted with the "forward" wishbone, but when I looked at some 2010 and 2011, they were all mounted in the "reverse" wishbone direction.

Back