free website stats program New Sporty out | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Sporty out

Bailing on 700 employees would be another good reason not to buy one.

I agree, the employees were blindsided by the announcement of the move. Polaris kept it quiet until the last possible moment.
Polaris was Osceolas biggest employer and the city took a huge hit when they defected to Mexico.

Polaris did keep a small shop open there but the majority of it's operation is south of the border.
From What I hear what they left behind will also be gone soon.

Last edited:
I don't follow the Indian and Victory plant movements and was not aware that Oceola had relocated to Mexico; very disappointing and bordering on unpatriotic. Certainly enough of a reason to think twice before buying one of their products. However, I still think the Scout is a pretty cool motorcycle...........;)

Maybe Trump can bring them back.o_O

Last edited:
I don't follow the Indian and Victory plant movements and was not aware that Oceola had relocated to Mexico; very disappointing and bordering on unpatriotic. Certainly enough of a reason to think twice before buying one of their products. However, I still think the Scout is a pretty cool motorcycle...........;)

Before my move to Colorado when I lived in MN. 1 of my favorite riding routes was along the St. Croix River and crossing over into Osceola WI. Can't remember when it was but the last time I rode by the Polaris plant it was locked up tight.

I admire Indians,but for said reasons,won't get one soon.Oreo's,I'm hooked on.

OK, I get it. You boycott Indian for moving to Mexico but Nabisco, mmmmmmm, not so much.:confused: Selective in your outrage...........;)
However, I did note the "soon" when it comes to an Indian purchase, so I guess time heals all but it has been nearly 7 years since Indian moved Oceola to Mexico.:rolleyes:

No boycott,no outrage.I don't know how accurate Indians dealer locator maps are,but they say 4 dealers in Illinois.I have 4 HD shops within less than 20 miles of me.That's one good reason,to me.I also know they've been bought and sold about 4 times since I first heard of them.Not in business since 1903.That means something to me. I've heard horror stories of folks not getting repair's because of no part's.Or having to wait loooong times before parts are available.Maybe that was before their present owner,I don't know.

When I was on my way home from MN last year I stopped for a snack, it was some Nabisco brand crackers and cheese I always read labels it was made in Mexico Nuff said

No boycott,no outrage.I don't know how accurate Indians dealer locator maps are,but they say 4 dealers in Illinois.I have 4 HD shops within less than 20 miles of me.That's one good reason,to me.I also know they've been bought and sold about 4 times since I first heard of them.Not in business since 1903.That means something to me. I've heard horror stories of folks not getting repair's because of no part's.Or having to wait loooong times before parts are available.Maybe that was before their present owner,I don't know.

I am just funnin with ya; I respect yours and anyone else's decision to buy whatever and for whatever reason as it has no affect on me. If I wanted an Indian Scout, I would buy one and I would not let the dealer network or the fact that the bikes are assembled in Mexico get in the way of getting what I want. But I don't want one; I wouldn't buy a new Harley either, so....................there ya go!o_O

Back