free website stats program New Sporty out | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Sporty out

I always liked Indians,but lack of dealerships,and them getting sold or going out of business has been a worry for me.

Lack of dealers is a definite issue for me. The backing of Polaris should make it very difficult for them to go away. It has been said that the Indians now are real descendant of the original. The other have been nothing more than a kit bike with Indian logo applied.

Lack of dealers is a definite issue for me. The backing of Polaris should make it very difficult for them to go away. It has been said that the Indians now are real descendant of the original. The other have been nothing more than a kit bike with Indian logo applied.

That in itself scares me seeing Polaris moved it's operation to Mexico!

That in itself scares me seeing Polaris moved it's operation to Mexico!

Actually, the new engines are manufactured in Osceola, Wisconsin and then shipped to a Polaris factory in Spirit Lake, Iowa where they make both Indian and Victory motorcycles.

I not sure I understand the "lack of dealership" issue. I suppose if someone is a long haul tourer and concerned about breaking down (kind of an oxy-moron) that could be an influence on making a purchase. However, if there is a dealer in your area (and the Victory/Indian dealer network is expanding), I would not let the fact that the Victory/Indian dealer network being much smaller than the HD dealer network influence my choice between a new Sportster that cost $11K and $11.5K for a new Scout but that's just me..........;)

To be clear, not a fan of the Victory or the Indian motorcycles but have to say the Scout looks like a nifty bike............:cool:

Actually, the new engines are manufactured in Osceola, Wisconsin and then shipped to a Polaris factory in Spirit Lake, Iowa where they make both Indian and Victory motorcycles.

I not sure I understand the "lack of dealership" issue. I suppose if someone is a long haul tourer and concerned about breaking down (kind of an oxy-moron) that could be an influence on making a purchase. However, if there is a dealer in your area (and the Victory/Indian dealer network is expanding), I would not let the fact that the Victory/Indian dealer network being much smaller than the HD dealer network influence my choice between a new Sportster that cost $11K and $11.5K for a new Scout but that's just me..........;)

To be clear, not a fan of the Victory or the Indian motorcycles but have to say the Scout looks like a nifty bike............:cool:

Nope, they closed the plant in Osceola WI, 700 employees lost their jobs and Polaris relocated to Mexico.

I had some friends that worked there and we're victims of the decision of Polaris.

The Sporster is HD longest running production bike, it has moved alot of folks up to Big Twins its all in marketing

Back