free website stats program New SE Heavy Breather installed today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New SE Heavy Breather installed today

One thing worth mentioning here - Upon further investigation the bike seems to run much hotter. The idle seems fine when it’s cold and then much rougher when it’s hot. (this happens rather quickly at idle, which didn’t happen before). Also, when it gets hot it blows white smoke.
Ed

Can you say that it's smoke or is it steam from warm up?

JMO, but I would put back the original A/C setup he received from the dealer as Stage I. It should run as good as before his additional mods. May have pinched a vacumn line or forgot some errant hose or connection.

Before you do mods, probably a good idea to take pictures of the initial setup to make sure don't forget something or end up with "extra parts".

Can you say that it's smoke or is it steam from warm up?

It's not steam....It's definately white smoke and comes on after the engine has warmed up.

JMO, but I would put back the original A/C setup he received from the dealer as Stage I. It should run as good as before his additional mods. May have pinched a vacumn line or forgot some errant hose or connection.

Before you do mods, probably a good idea to take pictures of the initial setup to make sure don't forget something or end up with "extra parts".

That's what I plan to do tomorrow. I checked all my connections, but there weren't any vacumn hoses involved in the install. It was a simple bolt on to the TB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only after it warms up or is it there all the time? Does it stop at any time after warm up ?????

It's there after it warms up at idle and then it begins to idle poorly. That white smoke worries me so I shut it down at that point - It seems the engine runs much hotter than before

Ed

I think I found the problem.....Check this post out

[removed]
Does this make sense? If these bolts have to breath - how is that accomplished when the caps and O-rings are in place covering those bolts.

I went to harley today but they were out of them.

Ed

[notes]
Just explain the point current post and write down here, link removed.
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you find out about the berather bolts in the cylinder heads? i just changed from a stage 1 to a heavy breather and had to block them off to. what do they do?

I think I found the problem.....Check this post out

Does this make sense? If these bolts have to breath - how is that accomplished when the caps and O-rings are in place covering those bolts.

I went to harley today but they were out of them.

Ed

Building crank case pressure, the breathers are what relieve this.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Back