free website stats program New SE comp | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

New SE comp

Always remember that an engineer can be nothing more than a person who understands and has a knack for calculus. School does not teach you how to work through problems or come up with creative solutions..

Getting through Medical school does not mean your a good Doctor.

Yep, but the way I figure it if the Japanese and BMW's folks can do it then the Harley guys need to get theirselves in gear too. Actually I have worked with quite a few engineers being employed as a Cad draftsman. And they told me that they do in fact (as part of their schooling) have to come up with creative models and actually build them theirselves. Of course a robot that runs around on the floor is not quite the same magnitude as finite engine logistics, but none the less that is their job.

Many years ago when I was promoted from a framing carpenter to a construction Superintendent. I got a front line insight into what the Builders had to deal with in design and permitting. (That's why they hire superintendents to run the field, to free them up for that facet).

Anyhow one Builder I worked for told me this joke about the Builder, the Engineer and the Architect. It goes like this.

The Engineer is someone who knows a whole lot about a little bit.
An Architect is someone who knows a little bit about a whole lot.
A Builder is someone that from working between the Engineer and the Architect is so confused he is lost.

I have a question. I'm looking in my parts manual and I don't see anything call a compensator. I see something that kinda looks like it, but it's not called a compensator.

What is it called in the parts manual or should I be seeing it and just missing it.

I have a question. I'm looking in my parts manual and I don't see anything call a compensator. I see something that kinda looks like it, but it's not called a compensator.

What is it called in the parts manual or should I be seeing it and just missing it.

My parts manual lists it in the Belts, Chains and Sprockets section as a Compensator Assembly if that helps.

Back