free website stats program New scoot excitement! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New scoot excitement!

First off, congrats on the new FLHX...you'll appreciate all the added creature comforts.

Second, I went with HD's non-adjustable rider backrest (SG pad) and it fits perfect. It does have adjustments (mounted positions up/down & back/forth) so you can dial-in. Some prefer HD's adjustable backrest, but I don't like how cables can fail...JMO.

As far as seat comfort, definitely want to look into MCC mod, or something w/more cushy for the tushy. I did the double-foam MCC mod and it's X1000 better than stock, but look at some of the demo seats there before riding off on the new bike. HD does have some comfy options and they'll probably give you some type of new owner discount.

Good luck & ride-on!

Of course, you have to get to Sturgis from Mississippi first on your stock seat! LOL!

If you think this is the strategy you want to pursue (getting an aftermarket seat at Sturgis) you could just get a gel pad or Airhawk seat cover to tide you over until you get out there.

Actually, I do have an Airhawk, and I love it. I plan on taking it. What I'm really happy about is that I will have cruise control for this journey.

Will your dealer let you 'try before you buy'? Might be one way to get a feel for what suits you.

I don't have a backrest yet. But looks like I'll be looking soon since my next trip looks like it'll be solo again. Froggie goes in for a scope on her knee at end of June and doesn't think she'll be ride ready in August.:(

I'm going to plug Southern Thunder HD in Southaven, MS here. They are great and I think they will bend over backwards to help you. I think a back rest is kind of like a mattress though. You probably need to go a long distance to see how much you like it. On my Heritage, I have a non-adjustable backrest that I got from Firehouse Customs, and it made all the difference in the world, so I can only imagine how the adjustable ones will feel. My husband has the HD cable one on his Ultra and he likes it fine.
As for Froggie and her scope, if she just has a meniscus tear (I'm a recovery nurse and have taken care of tons of knee scope patients over the years), she should be plenty ready by August I would think. Many patients are off crutches after 2 or 3 days. I wish the best for her and will put her name on my prayer list.:s

Okay here it is... The first pic I'm attaching simply because of my facial expression. The next 2 shots were at a spot on the Natchez Trace where we took a break. I get tickled at the one where my husband looks like he is tiny and sitting on the mirror. The last one is after the ride, 100 miles.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370351922.376581.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370351942.463427.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370351968.266930.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370352020.385954.jpg

careful with that grin...you might be getting bugs in your teeth...

great pics (as always) and congratulations on the new ride

Back