free website stats program New scoot excitement! | Harley Davidson Forums

New scoot excitement!

flipper

Account Removed
I am in the process of getting a 2013 Street Glide and I am just beside myself with excitement! I know I will want to immediately get a backrest, so I'm wondering what y'all's opinions are as far as a quality backrest. I know HD makes a good one, but I'm sure other brands are made similarly for less. There are so many types and brands out there that I thought I would ask those of you who have done the "leg work" what you recommend.

Rider......... The bike is going to have the 4 point docking hardware, so I assume that when I get ready to add the sissy bar and luggage rack that I will need to go with HD stuff. For now, I just want a backrest for me as the operator.

Lots to choose from, I added a mustang backrest to my last bike and it looked good and worked well for me.

Love my Mustang seat and backrest! However, Jack is corrected that there are lots to choose... Go to Bike rallies and check them out before you purchase one! :newsmile102:

What ever brand, I strongly suggest that you get the kind that can be adjusted while you are riding. Harley calls it the hydraulic adjustable back rest. I had the H.D. one that you had to be off the bike to change position, and hated it. Now I have the hydraulic that I can adjust as I ride. Amazing what 1/2" difference does for comfort.

P.S. CONGRATS. on the new ride!

Last edited:
Love my Mustang seat and backrest! However, Jack is corrected that there are lots to choose... Go to Bike rallies and check them out before you purchase one! :newsmile102:

We are planning on going to Sturgis this year and I know that would be the prime place to shop, but I think my back will ask me for it before then. I will start doing some research.

I think the key is whether you are going to stick with the stock seat or not. IMHO, you'll NEVER make it to Sturgis on it!

So.....if you think you'll replace it with something Harley offers or modify it with someone like Mean City, I'd get the adjustable one that breeze3at mentioned. It'll match perfectly and works great.

If you think you might replace it with someone else's product, they probably offer an adjustable backrest that better matches their seats.

In addition to the backrest, make sure the handlebars are comfortable for you and add a set of highway pegs to your engine guards and you'll be good for many, many miles!

Back