free website stats program New Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Road King

Jack

There's still many that use the Syn 3 and I feel it's because of the markup on the oil over the F+.

Follow Docs advice on breakin. My first Ultra I followed HD's, it burned 1 quart of oil every 5,000 miles

Second Ultra I followed Docs and what a difference in power for one, but two it never burned any oil between changes!!

Seems scary at first with your new baby and were all afraid of hurting it. But you won't and after Docs breakin just ride it and enjoy it

Update...did the 3rd gear acceleration/decel a number of times, plus did a little of getting on it 2nd - 4th gear, and some common sense, varying speeds and gears. Then replaced all the fluids...gonna just ride easy now until I get to 500, replace the fluids again and ride like I normally would until the 1k service. I figured incorporating a little of everything in the break in couldn't hurt...thanks for all the advice.

Now it's time accessorize...by the way, I am going from a Street Glide to the RKC, and personally, the Road King just feels like it is more "me". Plus it is easier to ride, maybe because it sits lower. I can definitely tell a diff though. Loving it. :D

love my RK, but i bought it already broken in so didnt have to worry about it, but trying to run royal purple in the engine as much as possible. I think I extended the timing chain tensioner boots to double thier lives with that stuff. expensive but seems to do the job.

Back