free website stats program New Road King Classic Delivered Today! (Pics Inside) | Harley Davidson Forums

New Road King Classic Delivered Today! (Pics Inside)

bobalu

Well, I finally got my new RKC today! :bigsmiley8: Put a 150km on it already today. It's an awesome machine. I was getting really nervous and concerned about things I started reading here like throttle lag, unbearable heat, poor performance in stock form, clunky shifting, hard to find neutral and stuff like that.

Well, coming from a 2007 Vulcan and several sport bikes before that (back to 1986), this Road King has knocked me flat with its comfort, handeling and performance. I notice no difference whatsoever in throttle response. The power/torque amazes me. Where my Vulcan was wound out and buzzy at highway speeds, the RKC is loping along smooth and happy. It shifts like butter, clicks into neutral just fine, and really goes like snot. Its too cold here yet to judge engine heat (high of only 10 celsius today, but its getting warmer each day). I didn't want to park it. And even then I just sat and stared at it in the driveway for about a half hour before putting it in the garage.

I am delighted and can't ever imagine going back to a metric.

The colour in the photo's isn't quite right. What looks like black is the burgundy merlot which sparkles in the sun. It really looks much nicer in the flesh! I'll try and take some better pictures tomorrow.

P1010003.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Congrats you havea really nice ride there. Time to asseorise.:bigsmiley23::newsmile026:

Back