free website stats program New Ride: | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ride:

Yeah, that one's better. Nice RK.
Years ago I had a green KZ900 that was one of the best most reliable bikes I've ever owned. Never had a mishap on it ever. Now the blue XS11 was another story altogether..

Congrats! Nice looking bike. The roads look dry, so I imagine you have had it around the block once or twice.

Congrats! Nice looking bike. The roads look dry, so I imagine you have had it around the block once or twice.

The roads were dry but it was cold. My friend and I rode it around. My friend rode it too as he has a Harley (an old EVO that has been a great bike) and I wanted his opinion. He was as jacked up as I was I think. My previous bike was a 1300 VTX.
I live in Idaho and purchased this in SLC Utah 180 miles away. The guy I got it from is a motor officer, as you can see a cop truck to the left in the driveway. He told me that their dept. leases from Harley for 1 or 2 yrs. This bike was the spare and his friend the reserve officer rode it. It is very clean with no scratches and minor scuffing on the hard bags. He bought it back from Harley and rode it one year. He and his wife decided they wanted a camper more so I came along and bought it. I paid 13,000 cash a good deal I’m thinking. It already has Rinehart slip ons installed a different seat and sissy bar.
I trailered it down to SL Harley and I am having them put cruise control on it and do a 5000 mile service while it is there. SL Harley seemed very good to work with and they are going to store it for me until spring. At that time I will ride it home to Idaho. Thanks much Parker. I do not get excited about much of anything anymore in my geezer hood. I did feel a tad jacked about this purchase as it will probably be my last bike with artificial knees and all. I looked at trikes but could not love them.:s
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Back