free website stats program New Purchase (FLHTK) | Harley Davidson Forums

New Purchase (FLHTK)

Cleftwynd

Banned
Well, I never thought I would do it, but I just bought my first couch.

I just ordered a 2012 FLHTK from Winnipeg Harley, Vivid Black and at the same time added a few options to be installed before I pick it up, such as V&H Monster Ovals, High Flow intake, Supertuner, oodles and oodles of chrome, all lights smoked, 7" smoked windshield, Sirius radio, Chrome controls and dash kit, etc...

This will be my first Twin Cam AND my first bagger, does anyone here have any personal opinions on the Limited vs the Ultra Classic? (FLHTK vs FLHTCU)?

Since I haven't even seen the bike yet (won"t be delivered for another two weeks) I am wondering if I have lost my marbles by commiting with a non-refundable down payment on a bike costing 35k without having even seen it let alone sat on it or rode it, lol. I am actually extremely excited, there is a ride on the 27th of this month called "Ride for Memories" for Alzheimers and I might get to take my wife on a bike that won't make her backside numb and or sore lol.

Regards, Bill

Congratulations on your new ride. I'm sure your wife will be much more comfortable. Very exciting time for you to be sure. Pictures are a must when you get it.

Bodeen

Congrats on the new bike.

I just bought a 2011 FLHTK and was my first bagger as well. I love it! The wife loves it, she calls the back seat a Lazyboy.

IMO you haven't lost your marbles and will enjoy it immensely.

Enjoy:bigsmiley12:

Anticipation...it's a stresser indeed. Kudos to you w/the new steed & I'm sure HD will come through. Luckily I never had to wait w/the ordering game - always had what I wanted in stock. Break 'er in right & enjoy!

Whenever you walk by a mirror-look at yourself, and smile! That is what everyone on the sidewalks and in cages will see when you and your wife are out riding this beautiful machine! I bought mine in April-First Harley-Davidson ever. I now have over 5,000 miles on it and cannot wait until I ride it again. Umm, that will be tomorrow when we leave for another 1300 mile trip! Woohoo!!

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of memories upon it.
As to not seeing the new bike till delivery........No problem. You got the proper Harley color added some gingerbread and I bet once you get it you will see so much of it because you are never going to want to stop riding it....:)
As to loosing your marbles only a shrink could tell you that, but I bet the unanimous opinion would be Right On and good for YOU.....:newsmile045::breakdance

As my tribe says... "Mazel Tov".

Congrats... nice to see someone who when they do something... they do it right. Sounds like a real beauty. Hope you post a pick on here so we can all admire.

One question.. is the Siruis through the navigation unit or on its own?

Rgds, Shawn

Congrats on your new ride. I have a 2010 FLHTK and my wife and I both love it. Did change out the exhaust due to heat issues with the cat's. You will be surprised how she handles in the twisties......have fun!

Back