free website stats program New Mustang Solo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Mustang Solo

What are you going to do with your old seat? I was looking at the Bare Bones seats.

Thx. Bob

It is on the way back to LePera with a warranty issue. Hopefully they will replaced the foam and cover, or just send me a new seat. I will be selling it when it returns.

Well I Just Ordered Mine, $204.99 From Dennis Kirk. Free Shipping and No Taxes, Can't Beat the Price I Just Hope It's Comfortable For My Wide Load! I Will let You Guys Know Once I Get It On Monday.:newsmile03:

that is a great looking bob. nice paintjob.

If you are speaking of mine, it is a Super Glide FXDI, not a Bob. Calling it a Bob was not considered an insult though. Just means I had to work harder to make it look good.

And thanks for the comment!

Picture002.jpg

If you are speaking of mine, it is a Super Glide FXDI, not a Bob. Calling it a Bob was not considered an insult though. Just means I had to work harder to make it look good.

And thanks for the comment!

Picture002.jpg

Have you been able to put any miles on your seat yet? If so, how do you like it? Mine will be here tomorrow then my new tins can go on.

Have you been able to put any miles on your seat yet? If so, how do you like it? Mine will be here tomorrow then my new tins can go on.

I have gotten about three 250 mile rides in so far and am very pleased. I find it more comfortable than the OEM FXDC seat and way better than the LePera.

Sweet! Let me ask you one more question. When you lowered your bike did you need to adjust your kickstand or does it still sit ok? On my Wife's Sporty I have to cut an inch out, weld it and chrome it again. Want to lower my bike an inch but don't want to have to deal with that.

Sweet! Let me ask you one more question. When you lowered your bike did you need to adjust your kickstand or does it still sit ok? On my Wife's Sporty I have to cut an inch out, weld it and chrome it again. Want to lower my bike an inch but don't want to have to deal with that.

I have lowered the back end about 1.5". I have Low Rider Trees on the front and raised the tubes about a 1/2". The stock kickstand works fine.

Well I just go my solo tripper and I do like it. Only had a couple rides on it, but here is some infor for folks considering this over stock on a street bob.

Seat is definitely narrower then stock - Downside to this is I have to watch my leg position so it does not rest on the fuse box cover (not too comfortable)
Seat is lower, yes, but not much, can barely tell the difference when on the bike
At first it seems less cushy then stock, but on the longer rides you can tell the difference (my butt used to go numb on just a 50 mile ride back and forth to work the couple rides with the mustang, no such thing)
All-in-all a quality seat, worth the money and looks great on the Bob, flows much better than the stock. The only other alternative I would have gone for would have a been a spring seat like the crossbones, but hard to find and can't make my own stuff.

Back