free website stats program New Motor for Touring Models in 2017 | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Motor for Touring Models in 2017

These guy's are well known Harley engine builder, I'll watch for the results and post them.

Fuel Moto added 2 new photos.
12 hrs ·
Dyno Numbers Contest! Lets see who can guess the stock dyno Hp/Tq of our 2017 Road Glide as delivered, stock Milwaukee Eight 107" motor. We'll post the results tomorrow afternoon and send the winner a free Fuel Moto flex fit ballcap. If there are multiple correct answeres we will pick the earliest post. Good luck and lets make some horespower!

Rode a Limited yesterday for a half hour.Quiet, noticeably minimal vibration.Transmision does'nt clunk.It has a metallic sound,but shifts smoothly and neutral is easy to find.Power is very noticeable also.Lots of torque! I did not notice great suspension improvements.Probably because I switched My air shocks to HD hand adjustable more than a year ago.The clutch ease of pull was not noticeable to Me.Just felt the same.The friction point ,however was at the extreme outer portion away from grip.So far out that i killed it once, at a stop light.When I asked why,I was told that they are all at the extreme for easier clutch pull.I am sure You could get used to it.
It sounds good when You "get on it".Almost like ,You may not need to add slip -ons.You won't add slip -ons right away ,because the right side input is larger than the left side.It sounds funny at idle,which is 850 rpm.Even with EITMS turned off,it has a different sound at idle.The navigation system has a weather notice function.
What I liked most was the lack of vibration.Everything else You can get used to.

My guess--82Hp 113 lb/ft Torque
Sorry,Could'nt find a way to erase this.

Last edited:
80HP/100TQ; also posted on FM Facebook page after 457 others.o_O

Last edited:
I've been doing some reading on the 2017, sounds like the gas tank has to be loosened and the rear of tank has to be blocked so you can remove the rear plugs.

Sounds like changing plugs will be more than a few minute job now and a little more expensive. 2 plugs per cylinder.

I can not believe that after all these years its not at least 100HP/100TQ.

Back