free website stats program New Motor for Touring Models in 2017 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Motor for Touring Models in 2017

dolt

http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...te&utm_campaign=3144487&PublisherName=VigLink

I mentioned this in a previous thread; mostly unconfirmed rumor at the time; but it appears the time for the TC motor phase out. It's a bit of a stretch but the new motor incorporates TC features with some Evo features. Can't tell from the photos if the new motor is liquid cooled. I hope not but the fins look small for an air cooled motor. Anyway, should be some good deals on 2016 models come August.:eek:

Its going to be interesting for sure. I am surprised though time may change things, that the valves are adjustable. Article did state oil and water cooled but no sign of radiator. Noticed some additional hoses going to heads and wonder what is under the chin spoiler?????
The best part is going to see how expensive these machines are going to be compared to competition..........

i bet the oil cooler is still up front, no sign of the radiator?

Looks like an oil cooled Street Glide in the picture.Limited's will still be water cooled.Interesting, why They did not come out with 110 cu inch.My guess is too much trouble with Them.So where is the real world testing on the 107 and 114?Are the 2017 Owners,Guinea pigs?

I would bet that they are wanting a solid platform so that future engine increases are cost effective and easier to bring to market.

Looks like an oil cooled Street Glide in the picture.Limited's will still be water cooled.Interesting, why They did not come out with 110 cu inch.My guess is too much trouble with Them.So where is the real world testing on the 107 and 114?Are the 2017 Owners,Guinea pigs?

Take a closer look, 6 puck calipers and steering damper, on a Street Glide? I think not; looks like a Trike to me and air/oil cooled. Interesting brake line setup as well. Just an FYI but I am aware of a dealer that has installed nearly 30 110 kits and near as many 117 kits in varying configurations and all are running great; very happy owners. Lots of these kits installed with very few issues reported.

For sure a 2017 owner is a beta tester; that's the way of the world. Having said that, the MoCo didn't dream this up overnight; has to have been in the works for years.

How about the aftermarket guys; big headache for them. I am thinking that was one of the MoCo's goals, to kick those guys in the rear end. It will be different to bring one on these home and not have to start upgrading.

Trade/resale value of earlier models just tanked.:eek:

I haven't worked out the bore/stroke using any of the current cylinder/crank configurations; very interesting.

I didn't see the steering damper or the four brake lines.I stand corrected.

Last edited:
The brake lines are linked brakes along with the steering damper looks like my Freewheeler

Hopefully earlier models value won't drop too drastically,I thought that might happen after 2014 with the project Rushmore making some big changes.But I still got good money for my 2013 when I traded it.People seem resistant to change,and still have a desire for older models no matter what.I still hear folks complain about fuel injection.

Back