free website stats program New Member Looking for Advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member Looking for Advice

Best thing I ever did was buy a Honda and then bumped it with the wife on the back, after that she refused to sit behind me. Today I have a 06 Heritage and she has a 2011 heritage, this is the perfect world for both of us, no back seat driver. Your wife may find the passanger seat on the Heritage a bit hard to take after a couple of hours so keep that in mind when test driving and ask the dealer about seat options, they may have something a bit softer. Good luck. Love my Heritage.

I too upgraded from a Sporty to my 2007 Heritage Classic. 35000+ miles later you might guess it has been a pretty good all round and touring bike for me. No regrets here. The softail just fit me better. Like many before me have stated you sit on a touring bike and you sit in a softail. Regarding the radio and GPS and accessories on a touring bike....that's not for me...I drive the cage if I need those distractions.

Well as you can see from my avatar picture you can strip down a herritage in seconds with all the quick detatchable mounts they have for the backrest the windsheild the saddle bags and the passenger seat is just one screw. then when you want to go longer you can get add on luggage to fit on luggage rack. The one thing I would invest in would be a wide mustang passenger seat:s

I've got an 04 Heritage and love the bike. Probably 95% of my riding is 1 up and it's great for that. My wife and I both are a little on the thick side so it's not as comfortable 2 up. Since you're wife likes to ride I think you're only option is to do the test rides and see how she likes the different models. If Mama anin't happy no one's happy. Don't know about the new models but on mine the stock seat for passenger wasn't all that comfy, of course changing seat is no big deal.

Back