free website stats program New Heritage Softail!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Heritage Softail!!!!!

Gotta love Alabama winters...67 degrees this afternoon! One thing I noticed today is that when I decelerate while in gear, the exhaust starts popping. Not sure if this is normal....never noticed it on my sporty. Any ideas?

Gotta love Alabama winters...67 degrees this afternoon! One thing I noticed today is that when I decelerate while in gear, the exhaust starts popping. Not sure if this is normal....never noticed it on my sporty. Any ideas?

Lean all these bikes are way too lean, check all your clamps at all exhaust connections first:s

Pictures are coming! I've been too busy riding!

Lean all these bikes are way too lean, check all your clamps at all exhaust connections first:s

Jack, the clamps all seem tight to me. Is this something I should get checked out at dealership immediately, or will it hurt to wait until the 1000 mile service?....I am at 300 miles now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack, the clamps all seem tight to me. Is this something I should get checked out at dealership immediately, or will it hurt to wait until the 1000 mile service?....I am at 300 miles now.

Don't spend a second worrying about it. Like Jack said, all the bikes come off the showroom floor running lean but you can ride them forever that way if you want. That being said, most people eventually do the Stage One to cool the engine down a bit and/or change the sound.

Thanks, again, Doc! Being that the bike is new, I haven't gotten used to all its little quirks, and every little sound, shake, and rattle I am overly conscious of and I guess making me a little nervous! My plan as of today is to get the Stage 1 and a fueler at the 1000 mile service. From what I have read thus far the Gen 3 may fit my bike better than the TFI based soley on size. Any recommendations on the two?

Thanks, again, Doc! Being that the bike is new, I haven't gotten used to all its little quirks, and every little sound, shake, and rattle I am overly conscious of and I guess making me a little nervous! My plan as of today is to get the Stage 1 and a fueler at the 1000 mile service. From what I have read thus far the Gen 3 may fit my bike better than the TFI based soley on size. Any recommendations on the two?

Researching and reading is great but don't hesitate to call the folks at Dobeck and hit them with all your questions and concerns - they're GREAT folks to work with!

My Electra Glide never has decel pops with the Screamin Eagle slip ons. When I put my Rush's on it pops, take em off, no pops. Must be the Rush's.

Back