free website stats program New headlight bulb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New headlight bulb

Welcome Tndrft to the HDTimeline forum and your first post. The spring clip two end are pushed together to release from the tabs...but as you found out, if you do not get a good look properly installed or a clear picture, it can be "rather" tricky to put back together. Just make sure you do not touch the glass surface with your hands (use a soft tee cotton t-shirt or paper towel).

5173d1260437104-new_headlight_bulb-headlamp.jpg

I did the same thing. Took it apart to wash out the inside of the lens and forgot how the retainer went back in. Thanx chopper for the pic.:s

Here are two pictures I took of the dismantled headlight. I can't figure out which way the retaining pin goes on. Any help is appreciated.
Hello "My 06 Sportser"
I havew exactly the same problem.

I have problems in putting back onto the lamp the thorned clip that I do not know how was in origin.The dyagram posted by OBHighflyer does not contain the Clip on my Headlight.
My clip is exactly like yours

Can you send me a dyagram of the final setting on our model?
Thanks
a lot

Sal

I bought the newer style lamp (clear lens) for my '04 1200 Custom. I think that I've tried every combination of assembly but the reflector is loose in the head bucket. The lamp assembly shakes bad and rattles. I went back to the dealer and bought the $10 adaptor and that doesn't fit at all.. I want the look of the newer Sporty light and now ~$100 later I'm at a loss to make it work.. Anyone have the parts diagram and assembly instructions for the '05 and newer headlamp?

Back