free website stats program New Harley Owner - vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Harley Owner - vibration

Vibration...When I bought my 09 RK I thought my teeth were going to rattle out of my head >60 MPH. One of the guys in the local HOG chapter told me it was from wind and not the bike. He was right. When I duck behind the windshield, it is smoother than silk even at 80 MPH.

So, my teeth still rattle but at least I know it's just my head and not my precious RK. hahahahaha

Yeah totally agree with that, my 99 RK shakes when stopped at the lights but once moving it settles down great and is a breeze to ride. Even with my height (6ft5) i have no problem behind the screen, AWESOME !!!!!:D

My 07 Ultra always idled rough. Then it started to get worse, after trouble shooting for a bit. I found Intake leak and the map sensor seal leaking. It is really easy to find. When running spay the map sensor and intake area with WD 40 . If the exhaust starts blowing white smoke you have a leak.

I get a kick out of the looks on some peoples faces when I am stopped at traffic lights.

They see the engine on my 08' Electra-glide jumping up and down and think the big ol' Harley is about to explode or something. One guy even rolled down his window to tell me that the engine mounts on my bike must be broken cause it was moving so much....

Just the normal shake associated with a rubber mount engine which I quite like.

Traded my 2000 Electra-glide in for a 2002 Fatboy a few years back. With the counter-balanced "B" engine, it was way too smooth for me. Seemed that some of the Harley character had been balanced right out of it...

I'm now back on a bouncing, shaking, wallowing Electra-glide again and couldn't be happier....:D

Back