free website stats program New guy on the hog | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy on the hog

Not sure what it is called in the case of fuel injection it has a butterfly in it (air cleaner bolts to it) any way sprayed the AIC down with cleaner and guess it was to much wouldn't start and I ran the battery down. did not have a lot of time yesterday anniversary and wife wanted her time..........:)
I do have a Haynes repair manual is very vague, I have no codes all clear. Will try it again after work meanwhile, it is fuel injected, and yes it stays started and runs like it always did.

Well I hope you followed the proper procedure for cleaning the IAC. Used the proper cleaner and had a rag to catch the overflow and all. When you place your hand over the throat does it start on it's own like normal or are you twisting the throttle? Is there any way you can measure fuel pressure?

when starting it pops a few times and I remove my hand it starts no throttle. I just spayed the AIC off with crc like the youtube video showed in closed and open modes and yes used a rag to catch overflow. no I have no way to measure the pressure buying these tools as I go so that will be next. It is an old bike and been 40 years since I owned my first one bi-centennial sportster1200 turned into my oldest daughter magically........shit happens when you are young.......LOL

My thoughts go in the same direction as ThunderRogue, sounds to me as if it may be starving for fuel. Covering the throttle body with your hand acts as a choke to draw more fuel. If you have spark, air and fuel it will run.

My thoughts go in the same direction as ThunderRogue, sounds to me as if it may be starving for fuel. Covering the throttle body with your hand acts as a choke to draw more fuel. If you have spark, air and fuel it will run.

I agree Jeff. I'm no expert but it's almost like it's that or there's a major air leak. The system could have something failing or just dirty. OP, maybe just unplugged the IAC and TPS and make sure the contacts are super clean and there's no broken wires.

In re reading this, are you sure you didn't knock something loose when you gave it the sponge bath? Ran fine, then you washed it. Now it won't. Vacuum line maybe? Look for split hoses too.

Yeah looks like just vent to atmosphere on tank. Right now I'm just guessing but maybe MAP Sensor or Engine Temp Sensor. I'll try to attach some pics from Ronnie's Microfiche.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-092039_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220429-092039_Chrome.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220429-092308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220429-092308_Chrome.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220429-092522_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220429-092522_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Back