free website stats program New guy on the hog | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy on the hog

Timmyray

I Bought an old 2003 Road King Police bike fuel injected ran like a scalded dog all summer (last Year 2021). Put it up for the winter came out to start it ran fine, so I shut it down, rolled it out and washed it with a sponge. Hasn't started right since. So, lots of experiments to see what's up. I tried everything new plugs, coil pack, battery, traced everything and replaced all my fuses. I was at my wit's end when I made one last attempt before heading to the shop cranked it and accidently had my hand over the carb, it startled me I jerked my hand back and it fired right up. I was like no way and repeated this several times fired up every time. does anyone know why this is I would like to put my breather back on is kind of ugly without it ...........LOL

been about a week off the bike won't start without covering the intake hole. It's like the butterfly isn't chocking off the air good enough

The pilot air/fuel circuit may be clogged with fuel varnish. Covering the carb with your hand seals the system and the pistons are sucking fuel through varnished jets/passages. Does it stay running once started?

Agree that it sounds like a gummed up jet, confused though because you said it was injected, anyway welcome to the forum from Gilf Coast AL

You say EFI then you say carb. Confusing us. If it's EFI then you put your hand over the Throttle Body. You could have several things going on you'll need to look at. Do you have a repair manual? If not YouTube is your friend. First make sure the IAC is operating and clean. But really 1st let us know if it is indeed EFI.

Back