free website stats program New guy needs help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy needs help

If you do buy a new battery, just don't buy it from walmart, get a good one from harley, you won't regret it.
good luck

If you jump your battery from a donor vehicle, make sure it is not running. You only need the 12.6V battery reserve, not the charging pulses and transients it sends to your unprotected bike if it's battery is discharged (high resistance). There is usually plenty of loss in the small contact areas of the jumper cable clamps that you won't get as much current thru them as you would expect. But jumping is not a substitute for a low reserve old battery.

Wow!
Thanks for all the advice!
The info on this site is overwhelming. My last ride was a 77FL shovel. With all the high teck electronics on the 08 I'm afraid to do anything. I'll be spending the next few days reading.

Rick:newsmile063

If you started it three times in a row, you probably just knocked the battery down. Try charging it up you can always load test it to verify condition. If necessary, get the HD battery

An 08 Ultra Classic without security? Possible, but I would think unlikely. Unless they have different option packages on Canadian models.

Back