free website stats program New Electra Glider | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Electra Glider

Welcome from Georgia. I too have an 05 FLHTCI. Love mine and I’m sure you will love yours too. BTW, how many miles does she have on the clock? If it’s showing 35 -40 K, if you don’t know for sure, the winter months would be a great time to open up the chest and see if the timing chain tensioners have been changed / upgraded, and do it if they haven’t. Just a thought.
I bought it with 96,000km on the clock. The PO had the cam chest checked out and only the plastic shoes were replaced. However I will be checking them out for wear this winter. I also had to replace the swing arms bushings as I would get a wobble in the curves. I'm a machinist and have my own lathe and milling machine so I make my own special removal and installation tools when I need to. This winter I will also make myself a front fork spring compression tool as I have found out that the left fork has a cartridge inside and it has to be dismantled to do a proper fork oil change. Gonna hav fun.

The tensioner shoes were most likely replaced with OEM parts so don't wait too long to get into the cam chest. Don't know how many miles on the new shoes but the Delron material has a history of sudden and catastrophic failure that can result in some bad juju. I have two Harley's in the garage, the '02 FLHT shoes were gone at 25K miles and the '05 FXSTD shoes were gone at 12K miles; just sayin.

If you get into the front suspension, you might consider tossing the cartridge and upgrading the front suspension with a set of Race Tech springs and Gold Valve Emulators; one of the best upgrades I have done on my '02 FLHT and there have been quite a few.

Welcome from south Texas.

The tensioner shoes were most likely replaced with OEM parts so don't wait too long to get into the cam chest. Don't know how many miles on the new shoes but the Delron material has a history of sudden and catastrophic failure that can result in some bad juju. I have two Harley's in the garage, the '02 FLHT shoes were gone at 25K miles and the '05 FXSTD shoes were gone at 12K miles; just sayin.

If you get into the front suspension, you might consider tossing the cartridge and upgrading the front suspension with a set of Race Tech springs and Gold Valve Emulators; one of the best upgrades I have done on my '02 FLHT and there have been quite a few.

Welcome from south Texas.
Appreciate the advice i will look into it soon.

Back