free website stats program new cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new cams

Just got my bike tuned. My indy told me to go to doc's harley in Kirkwood Mo. they are kinda pricey but he says "Dyno Dave" is the man. I took it there(4 1/2 hr drive) and I spent 500.00 on a dyno tune. Dave had it on the dyno for 4hrs and ended up getting 103.78hp and 118.28tq. He said 103hp and 118tq is a good build. I think I will settle for this. The first hd dealer I took it to charged me 200.00 for a dynotune and couldn't get the bike to run. I guess you get what you pay for.:D

SE stage 4 103 kit:
3-7/8 cyl
SE high flow 110 plus
Large intakes valves 2.120 heads
High compression forged pistion 10.5:1
SE260 cams
prefect fit pushrods
58mm EFI throttle body
and the super tuner is requiered to get this to run
If it don't flat fly I would wonder what parts were skipped? There is not one part that woods makes that is in any way better than that list. So either parts were skipped or bubba built and tuned it
The Real SE 103 stage 4 kit is as good as it gets no madder what you compare it to.
And priced right. Also big note the SE103 stage4 is not street-legal

"Bubba" did everything right and will get all my business in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my bike back from the tuner. They were very pricey for the tune job
(500.00) but this guy really did a great job on my bike. He got 103.78hp and 118.28tq out of this thing. The tq comes on early and maxes at about 3800rpms. I have to say with my big heads and throttlebody I didn't think he would be able to get these numbers. I guess you get what you pay for!:D

Just got my bike back from the tuner. They were very pricey for the tune job
(500.00) but this guy really did a great job on my bike. He got 103.78hp and 118.28tq out of this thing. The tq comes on early and maxes at about 3800rpms. I have to say with my big heads and throttlebody I didn't think he would be able to get these numbers. I guess you get what you pay for!:D

What was list of goodies that you in stalled:newsmile100:

hd stage iv race kit. I had the se260 cams replaced with woods tw400-6 cams and had someone who knows tuning take care of it.

hd stage iv race kit. I had the se260 cams replaced with woods tw400-6 cams and had someone who knows tuning take care of it.

Did this give you back the LOW end torque? can you feel enough Power off the line?

I just wondered and I don't know the specks on the woods cams nor the 260.

What is the Close Number*deg. on the intake valve? (on both) if you know..

thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Did this give you back the LOW end torque? can you feel enough Power off the line?

I just wondered and I don't know the specks on the woods cams nor the 260.

What is the Close Number*deg. on the intake valve? (on both) if you know..

thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, the SE-260 has an intake close of 55 degrees and a lift of .609
The Woods TW 400-6 has an intake close of 42 degrees and a lift of .650
I would guess that he did get a lot of his torque back since he has 10.5-1 pistons.

A great source for quick cam comparisons is the Big Boyz Camshaft Comparator. Big Boyz Head Porting - Twin Cam Camshaft Comparator
It has many popular cams listed on it and you can compare 3 cams at once.

Randall

I don't know all the specs on these cams but I can tell the difference in this bike is night and day! It has low end grunt. I can take off from a stop sign in second gear. My wife asked me if I'm done spending money on this darn thing. I said I'm done with the motorwork. I doubt I'll ever be done spending money on this thing.

Just got my bike tuned. My indy told me to go to doc's harley in Kirkwood Mo. they are kinda pricey but he says "Dyno Dave" is the man. I took it there(4 1/2 hr drive) and I spent 500.00 on a dyno tune. Dave had it on the dyno for 4hrs and ended up getting 103.78hp and 118.28tq. He said 103hp and 118tq is a good build. I think I will settle for this. The first hd dealer I took it to charged me 200.00 for a dynotune and couldn't get the bike to run. I guess you get what you pay for.:D

"Bubba" did everything right and will get all my business in the future!

Can you post the dyno sheet? I bet I'm not the only one who would like to see it.
Randall

Am going to try to post the dyno chart. I have never done this so I don't know how it will turn out.

I have to say I'm a WAY bigger Harley fan now than I was when I bought this thing. Now I just can't wait till spring!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 51
  • our harley.jpg
    our harley.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
You gotta be loving that. 90 ft lbs of torque @ 2800 rpm then over 100 ft lbs from 3000-5500 rpm. I'd be smiling too.:D

Back