free website stats program new bike probs. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new bike probs.

You had a stored code. That was your chance to do a memory dump and get some insight on what was happening.

IF You don't have the BIG Book for your bike,,,,, I'd suggest you buy one.... The HD manual is needed to Look and Understand HOW to retrieve codes and what they mean....... "Self Help" will get you by, so look under codes but the manual is the Key to Your success in troubleshooting your bike.. *Never leave home without it..(*pun intended)

Sounds like a fuel problem to me..... ? bad gas?

Giving us ALL the information at First will get your answers sooner,,,,,, not like pulling Hens Teeth.:D

signed....BUBBIE

My shot in the dark guess is a TBW issue. A week and a half and they still don't know what's wrong. $10 on TBW to at least "Place" Another $25 on TBW to "Show"

Codes of P1510, P1511, P0120, P2122.. in that family.. :p

If you don't have the bike in your hands don't bother asking the dealership if they checked for codes. That will only look silly. If after a week and a half they still can't figure it out, I would take the bike to a different dealership.

Sounds to me if they don't even have an action plan, all they are going to do is hack up the bike trying to find out what is wrong.

I would just turn around and ask for a new bike, unless they can tell you exactly what happened and what they fixed so you are not back. If they do that and you end up back...demand a new bike and call up MOCO for their input.

just turn around and ask for a new bike, ...demand a new bike and call up MOCO for their input.

I don't think it is that easy. If it was a toaster, sure. But something that has a VIN # and title, no. I know of no one that has ever received a new cage, boat, bike, jet ski or anything just by asking. The lemon law is a joke if you read into it. In Florida, the lemon law does not even apply to bikes. It's nothing but more government waste.

If you don't have the bike in your hands don't bother asking the dealership if they checked for codes. That will only look silly. If after a week and a half they still can't figure it out, I would take the bike to a different dealership.

Sounds to me if they don't even have an action plan, all they are going to do is hack up the bike trying to find out what is wrong.

I think Hoop is on to some thing here, Bet the techs are not well schooled in TBW yet, The dealer should have already contacted The MOCO on this one for tech support JMO

I don't think it is that easy. If it was a toaster, sure. But something that has a VIN # and title, no. I know of no one that has ever received a new cage, boat, bike, jet ski or anything just by asking. The lemon law is a joke if you read into it. In Florida, the lemon law does not even apply to bikes. It's nothing but more government waste.

Never said it was easy, but one can always ask and make sure MOCO is aware. I would not trust the dealer has reached out to them unless I had experience with the dealer and knew they were top notch.

I can say I have been lucky to never have a new car or bike be like this, but in general if you do not ask you are not going to get it, so always ask...politely of course, barking loud will never help.

Shows you how much I know. I thought a Super Glide was a touring bike or at least was a FLXX model. To me anything that has the word "Super" in it should have cruise control. Man, I'm down $35.00 on that bet. :D

Alphabet Soup, The MOCO is going to run out or merge the models LOL FX= dynas FXS softails FL= glides and so on:p

My shot in the dark guess is a TBW issue. A week and a half and they still don't know what's wrong. $10 on TBW to at least "Place" Another $25 on TBW to "Show"

Codes of P1510, P1511, P0120, P2122.. in that family.. :p

WOW...Look at all that money flying around when I'm not here.

My money is on an ECM:D

Back