free website stats program New bike probally another mechanical failure. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New bike probally another mechanical failure.

They do pump the neck bearings full of grease. Not really necessary to be greased that heavily, but they do. If you look at the neck of the frame, there will be grease all around the top and bottom of that area where the forks go through the frame. Clean that area regularly. It almost sounds like they didn't use the proper grease in the neck, it is not THIN, it is a thick grease.

When I did my 10k service as suggested on this forum I used Walmart Marine grease and other than when cleaning bike I occasionally with a q-tip clean there area around the neck bearings I have not had any dripping on the front fender or splatters on the sides. The dealer did you good by greasing but probably did not use a high temp grease.

Thanks for all the replies, glad to know its not only happening to me, so will keep wiping away till it stops. Bike rides so smooth, got caught in a torrential downpour tonight on my way home and the bike didnt slip or slide at all, worst fear was not the traffic but if its possible to drown while riding...lol :D

Back