free website stats program New Bike, Neglected Bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike, Neglected Bike?

Check your plug wires with an ohm meter, bend and stretch them to see if the readings change, change the plugs it is cheap enough

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm finding the bike rides OK. I am going to continue running good fuel and techron through it and see what happens. Also looking for a pair of sljp ons. Definitely feel like the stock exhaust is choking the motor.

The bike does fine under throttle. It's really just that coasting at 1/10th throttle that misses and pops. I think that's pretty common ti many.

After robbing the 883 for the pillow seat and other cosmetics and installing the parts on the 1200 I'll think about going in to have it remapped.

I'm wondering if you are just experiencing a decal popping, from your last post, that is what it sounds like to me. Try checking the exhaust for tightness, i.e., where the exhaust meets the heads, loosen and re-torque to specs, may have to replace the gaskets. Check where the muffler joins the header, the clamps may be loose with a leak, same thing loosen and re-torque, and /or replace clamps. You are doing a good thing by running fresh gas and treatment thru it. Good luck!

Say toddincharlotte, how about a shout back if you find something that clears it up. Maybe I didn't need this fueler. Though it seemed to have cleared the missing and the popping, I feel I have robbed the top end a little bit and I can't find the spot on these adjustments that gives me everything.....

Run about a 1/4 can of Seafoam threw it in a tank of gas and see if that clears it out. The stuffs amazing at cleaning out the varnish from fuel systems. Also works as a fuel stabilizer for when you store it in the winter. I've been using it for years on everything I own that runs on gas.

Back