free website stats program new battery | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new battery

Ok got new battery and it is a sealed battery, made sure it was fully charged.
Put it in the bike and having the same problem. 12.6 volts with everything off but when i turn key it drops to 11.4 volts before i even try to start it. When I do push starter it pulls down to 7.4 and clicks. Fuel pump is coming on when I turn key, all the lights come on. All I have done is changed the battery in my fob and the battery in my bike. Any suggestions?

I have seen people fill the new battery and then jump start the bike a go for a ride which kills the new battery. What a shame.

ok will try the solenoid in the morn. Thank You...I bought the battery filled already and have not tried to jump start bike, the battery is a Motocross platinum

That is a Yuasa brand battery which is a good brand. I am having difficulty with understanding how you are coming up with the very low voltage reading when hitting the starter button with what you believe to be a new fully charged battery.

What kind of meter are you using to verify voltage and how long is it taking to get to the 7.4 voltage reading and where are you testing for this voltage reading? How did you verify the new battery was fully charged? I just performed a load test using a snap on hand held load tester on my 3 year old original equipment battery and still had voltage reading above 10 volts after 20 seconds. A brand new fully charged battery should not be dropping to that low a voltage reading very quickly.

Back