free website stats program New Battery | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Battery

I thank you all for your info. It will be another 6 to 8 weeks before I will need one. It's been a long winter.:(

First question is why a new battery in 3 years they should last at least 5 years and many go 6 and 7.
For a battery to only last 3 years would rase question on how it was cared for when bike was not ridden and if connection are good.

One problem seen alot of is the connector at engine from the stator becomes corroded. I had it happen on 94 FXR over time battery never really charges up fully.

Happy with the H-D OEM battery, unfortunately for my Sportster, it is the only one I've seen that fits. Mine still has the original one, but just the other day I have been noticing that the starter motor momentarily stall, and the headlight goes almost out...but then it starts the bike fine, so I will be needing a new battery soon...as Smitty says 7 years is pretty good life...no complaints here!:s

Of all the batteries I have tried over the years, the HD battery has been the best. As Deka being the mfg for the Harley batteries, I've just recently been looking into the Deka as a near future option. If anyone is interested, here is a site that had the best pricing on the particular one I needed (Touring). More than $50 less than the dealer,

ETX30L Motorcycle [ETX30L] - $82.88 : Batteries 4 All!, Your One Stop Battery Source!

As many of us have found out, when these AGM batteries start to go, it sometimes isn't too far down the road that even an attempted jump from a car won't get you going again.

They also make our Die Hard batteries now, very good product with more CCA than our last supplier:s

Deka may make both, but is it accurate to say that the two products are the same? Does Deka make different qualities for different suppliers, thus accounting, in part, for the differences in prices? Or is a Die Hard of a given size equivalent to a Harley battery of the same size?

FWIW, I used to buy Die Hards for my FXRS, and had to replace them about every 14 months or so. They didn't wear out so much as short out. When they went, they were gone! That was a few years ago, however.

Deka may make both, but is it accurate to say that the two products are the same? Does Deka make different qualities for different suppliers, thus accounting, in part, for the differences in prices? Or is a Die Hard of a given size equivalent to a Harley battery of the same size?

FWIW, I used to buy Die Hards for my FXRS, and had to replace them about every 14 months or so. They didn't wear out so much as short out. When they went, they were gone! That was a few years ago, however.

Prof, our older Die Hards for motorcycles were junk IMO I never had good luck with them, The new Deka batteries will be the same as OEM just packaged or should I say labeled for each retailer:s

How about some input on lenght of battery life. I get about 3 yrs on AGM type batteries. Running a 113 cube engine, considerable vibration as it is a stroker. Probably shortens battery life.Wondering about the Oddessy battery.
Gene

Back