free website stats program New 09 Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 09 Ultra

What should be the first upgrade item for the new ride?

• Engine Stage 1 Kit

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Chrome foot board covers

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dealer I picked the bike up from said that they were replacing all 407's automatically for their customers. I'll check mine when I get home, but they said the Dunlop rep. was taking them back and giving them new tires for free. No install costs to customers at all.

That's good to hear. I had mine replaced but wasn't sure how they were handling new bikes.

Enjoy your ride!!!

I vote for both! You know you are eventually going to do it anyway, so why not at the same time. I did both, it looks good and runs better. Good luck!

Welcome aboard mate...Congrats...first off get rid of the syn 3 they may have put in all 3 holes. Change out to Mobil1 full synthetic or any full synthetic of your choice...also change your tranny fluid to spectro platinum to quiet your tranny and then some redline for your primary. This in and of itself will make a big difference. The next item is to look at a stage one (pipes, air box and fuel control ) TFI gets alot of cheers around here make sure to read about all your options before goiing to the dealer for goodies. Pipes can be hung in your garage and air is easy too...the TFI is a very simple device that is an add on in your garage as well. Look in self help section. Also get yourself a pdf shop manual there is someone around here who can direct you to it for free. I would send you mine but I am a computer idiot...no skills at all. If your bike is new then make sure to read the proper break in procedure for your ride to set the rings just right.:s

09UltraC, sounds like you have your mind made up, but I voted for Stage I, but only because chrome is the last thing on my list...and that I base it on opportunity, chrome can be had at a discount virtually anytime, the Stage I if you bought the bike from your dealer possibly can be had at a bargain price, (Dealer good will and all it entails) and is the higher buck item that could benefit from your dealer/owner relationship...!

:p:p Stag 1, and all the chrome you can get,
Wife was out looking at all the emty boxes i had stack in the corner
and ask why i spent so much time just looking at my Bike
:newsmile093:

:p:p Stag 1, and all the chrome you can get,
Wife was out looking at all the emty boxes i had stack in the corner
and ask why i spent so much time just looking at my Bike
:newsmile093:
It's rare to find women who understand how we can spend so much time out in the cold garage staring at our toys ;) Mine may not understand, but she doesn't gripe about it so I am fortunate.

I was also playing around with the radio tonight, and was trying to figure everything out. I think I've got most of it, but I wasn't able to get a reply on a CB check. Any suggestions for any other mic other than the one it comes with. I don't think I want a wire running from the bike to my head.
I didn't think I could stand it either, but I learned that if you run the cord from your helmet down thru your vest or coat and out the bottom, It becomes a non-issue.Just don't forget to unplug it BEFORE you get off the bike!:s Congrats on a great new ride.. BTW Stage 1 for sure.

The front tire is not a recall but a service bulletin. I would be interested to hear if it was replaced with a 408 or not based on the reasons for the service bulletin (cupping, noise, etc.). If it's brand new, can you really have a complaint yet?
MN, yep ya sure can! I had my kickstand changed before I ever even picked the bike up on the advice I got on this forum. There had been a service bulletin issued regarding the jiffy stand and resulting incorrect lean angle. I called the moco and they took care of it in a flash, no questions asked!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back