free website stats program Need to chrome | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need to chrome

Just as a suggestion here is what I did just last week. I got a can of flat black "High Heat" Krylon and painted mine. It matches the black on my motor very well and looks a lot better than the ugly gray. I didn't want to spend the extra $$ for the chrome one and I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Good to hear,,, they'll probably get my business, quoted me around $85 to do it.

Unless yours is different from the SE plate, I was quoated $50.00 for the chrome one. I must have missed something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless yours is different from the SE plate, I was quoated $50.00 for the chrome one. I must have missed something.

Bought my bike new and it had stage one kit, high flow filter and bracket from HD that has "4" bolts attaching the filter to the back plate. All the others have 3. My dealer has gone through this twice with me. Don't know the bracket part #, but it is not offered in chrome:bigsmiley19:

Bought my bike new and it had stage one kit, high flow filter and bracket from HD that has "4" bolts attaching the filter to the back plate. All the others have 3. My dealer has gone through this twice with me. Don't know the bracket part #, but it is not offered in chrome:bigsmiley19:

I'll be darned. Yeah, mine has 3 bolts. Thats a bummer. Good luck.

The high heat paint trick might be something to consider. If you dont like it all you would be out is the cost of a can of paint. Just an idea. I find that the plate really doesnt show too much anyway.

you should send it back! The cloudy finish in the Chrome is most likely "Chrome Burn" and can be buffed out maybe.... but the scratches will not "buff out" as 'they told you to do!....< Who R They> Harley? If it was a Plating shop they shouldnt be in Business If its Harley just get your $$$$ back
I would rather not say who it was, they made good on refunding my money so that is good customer service in my book. I will say though, I cannot believe that a company would let a piece of chrome leave the building looking like that. This was a custom built part, that was the kicker.

Back