free website stats program Need to chrome | Harley Davidson Forums

Need to chrome

dogdad

Looking for suggestions where i can send my air cleaner backing plate to get chromed. HD doesn't offer this one in chrome,,comes in a dull gray-lead looking color. Looks out of place on my bike. No place here in New Orleans to send it to.

Dogdad, besides chrome platers listed by Glider, does the HD dealer locally have a "pet" place where they take "their" stuff to be chromed or re-chromed. Might be an option for you as well.

Dogdad, besides chrome platers listed by Glider, does the HD dealer locally have a "pet" place where they take "their" stuff to be chromed or re-chromed. Might be an option for you as well.

Nope..they say that the couple of places here locally aren't good. They did recommend "Brown's Plating " which is on Gliders list. I was just trying to get a few quotes to make a decision on where to send the plate.

Hard to beat Brown's. It may not be the cheapest but it will be done right.

Off topic, I bought a air cleaner cover and new K&N filter kit for my old WG and when I opened up the box the new chrome cover was completely covered in scratches and looked cloudy. When I called to complain and tell them I was sending it back they said oh you need to buff it out :11: Needless to say, back it went.

you should send it back! The cloudy finish in the Chrome is most likely "Chrome Burn" and can be buffed out maybe.... but the scratches will not "buff out" as 'they told you to do!....< Who R They> Harley? If it was a Plating shop they shouldnt be in Business If its Harley just get your $$$$ back

Back