free website stats program Need to add miles to my odometer | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need to add miles to my odometer

How about this?

trailer-boyz.jpg

Is the millage actualy in the computer vs the odometer itself,

I wonder this myself since I recently had a ECM failure and on a 08 and the odometer lost a few miles when the ECM took a dump, kinda have a feeling a OEM speedo/odo reads off of the ECM.

Why won't California let you register the bike until it has 7500 miles.?

It has to do with California smog rules. Most out of CA bikes don't have CA smog equipnment, The CA DMV requires 7500 miles or more. Less than 7500 miles and they won't register it, ever. I have a friend who bought a used bike from a high volume dealer here in So Cal. It was low miliage but when the dealer tried to register it, it was then discovered it was an out of state vehicle. My friend had already put some chrome on it, ect. The dealer ended up giving all the money back, gave him a new bike (yamaha) and some cash in his pocket. It was that or the dealer would get fined and loss of business lic. It's a really big deal here in California.

Re: How about this?

Good one, Seabass. Sad thing is..someone probably read that and thought.."hey, I could use that..."

Hi this is a problem in Calif. But easy fix Just exchange your spedo with one that has enough miles , Easy to do . then change back . Went through this when I bought My06 King , what they dont know wont hurt you.

Back