free website stats program Need Help No Go | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help No Go

Had the same issue on my 99 RK a couple of years ago, unfortunately I was about 400 miles from home when it happened. It was the crank position sensor. It had been running fine I stiopped for gas and it refused to start! Got some friends to come and get me and get me home.
Troubleshooting revealed crank sensor:(

Glider, went at lunch and pulled the codes. Only code that came up was P0152 Rear O2 sensor high (rich). All others area of the diagnostic code read "none". I also pulled the Crack Position Sensor and inspected. It was clean. I wiped off and reinstalled. No change it still would not start. The O2 sensor should not prevent it from starting, right?

Then removed plugs and added a little gas and bike ran for a couple of seconds. Looks like I have one of three problems. (1.) plugged fuel filter, (2 )bad fuel pump or (3) plug fuel injectors. Is there anything else I might be missing

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

The added gas may have shown in 02-sensor trouble code.

I would think IF it ran with a little gas added so IF I may SUGGEST, be Careful taking a Spray bottle with a little gas,

((co2 or some type of fire extinguisher, Water hose ON))

Remove air cleaner cover and element... Spray a Little gas into the air venture,Careful not much. Start as normal, and when it starts, keep a fine mist as needed to keep it running...... If this works it IS gas related....

I think you trouble shot it yourself when you said it ran for a few seconds after adding gas into the spark plugs.

signed....BUBBIE

I've had the P0152 code several times and it did not prevent the bike from starting or running.

Hey everyone, got it running thanks to a suggestion from stro1965 and N8DC on one of the other HD Forum sites. It was the quick release fitting preventing gas from getting to the fuel injectors. Removed the hose and worked the chrome sleeve on the quick connect a few times up and down the I reinstalled and removed the the fuel hose a couple of times, hit the starter and it fired right up. I appears quick release has a small ball check valve in it and it stuck closed preventing gas from flowing. I will be taking the Ultra to the dealer tomorrow and have them change the quick connect fitting.

I want to thank everyone for their ideas and quick responsed to my problem. Hope I can return the favor in the future.

Thank again all,

Back