free website stats program Need Help No Go | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help No Go

BigDog1954

I rode my 2007 Ultra over my buddy's house and bike ran fine. Went to head back home and my baby would not start. Turned over just like always but would not start. Check fuses, checked for spark from plugs got a good spark, removed gas cap and listened to fuel pump it sounded like it always does. Then removed plugs and added a little gas and bike ran for a couple of seconds. Looks like I have one of three problems. (1.) plugged fuel filter, (2 )bad fuel pump or (3) plug fuel injectors. Is there anything else I might be missing?

Does the fuel tank have to be empty to remove and change the fuel filter?

Leaving for trip with my sons next week and really need to get her running!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Is the bike factory stock or do you have a fueler or injector pulse stretcher installed.
Check speedo for any DTC codes.

I can't imagine the fuel filter is so plugged it won't even start but it ran fine on your trip out.
Both injectors failing or plugged at the same time would also be very remote.

Check for codes first, that is easy to do. If you do have a fueler, bypass it & see if it will start.
If you have spark and you hear the fuel pump prime up, you have a lot working.

Thanks Hoople and Glider for your quick response. The bike is stock and I did not see any error codes come up, but will check. Glider wouldn't I still get fuel if the crank sensor was going bad?

Any codes the bike may have will not just appear on speedo and must be pulled. The injector pulse is a "timed" event and must have precise crank timing for it to happen.

Hoople, I changed the oil the other day. Could I have possible damaged the CKP? If so would it have allowed the bike to run then not allow it to start again?

Hoople, I changed the oil the other day. Could I have possible damaged the CKP? If so would it have allowed the bike to run then not allow it to start again?

Could have damaged the CKP or simply knocked a connection loose enough for your symptoms. Recheck all connections to and from the CKP and if they appear good, then run the diagnostics listed in Glider's CKP link.

Thanks everyone, I will check codes and connnection after I get home from work.

Thanks again for all your help and quick responses.

Back