free website stats program need help from the gurus | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

need help from the gurus

How about this section of your State laws

A: State laws hold dealers responsible if cars they sell don't meet reasonable quality standards. These obligations are called implied warranties - unspoken, unwritten promises from the seller to the buyer. But dealers in most states can use the words "as is" or "with all faults" in a written notice to buyers to eliminate implied warranties. There is no specified time period for implied warranties.
The most common type of implied warranty is the warranty of merchantability. The seller promises that the product offered for sale will do what it's supposed to. That a car will run is an example of a warranty of merchantability. This promise applies to the basic functions of a car. It doesn't cover everything that could go wrong.

Breakdowns and other problems after the sale don't prove the seller breached the warranty of merchantability. A breach occurs only if the buyer can prove that a defect existed at the time of sale. A problem that occurs after the sale may be the result of a defect that existed at the time of sale or not. As a result, a dealer's liability is judged case-by-case.

Thats some good stuff STEVE07!

update.. dealer told the bro in law that it is most likely condensation in the engine. the bike has sat there since october, with all of the short starts, on and off it builds up. they seam to be handling it and reassured the bro in law that all will be well... more news later

i would think its a tad bit more than that .. that would be a lot of condensation .. so did the innerds rust up since there was that much water in there? I would think it would take a good amount of water to cause that manybe im wrong

i dont know, the manager stated that in his 7 yrs at the shop he has seen this before. we mentioned the "o" ring, he said he will look at everything, then ride the bike for a day to be sure its ok... at this point we are at the mercy of the dealer.. we will see, for the bro in law sake it better work out

just got the bike back. they flushed the engine, changed oil. all seems great...i have to say now that century harley davidson in medina ohio is a++++++++++ they could have told him toooo bad "as is buddy", they did all they could to help:bigsmiley22:

Last edited by a moderator:
I belive also you might want to check in to the law that requires dealers that all new and used sales that what they sell must be able to pass the state inspection if it can not they must make the repair ,I belive it is a EPA thing , So its federal and all states must conform.

Back