free website stats program Need frame VIN help! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need frame VIN help!

I have no clue where it's made. Usually, the first number tells you the country. The first number is 4. Does that give you a clue? The next four letters seem to lean towards the softail and big bore size motor mount. As for the rest, I'm just plain dumb founded!

I found out from this, that I don't have a Harley made frame. It's an aftermarket of some sort. The first number is suppossed to tell you what country it was made in. My first number is a 4. Does that ring a bell for any further research?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!! This is my second attempt to post don't know why first try didn't work. Well anyway I bought a 41 HD back in 1976 It had been chopped and raked it was a 45 Flathead with suicide shift 3 speed i think. It was a hard tail and to rough to ride back home to Kansas after my discharge from the Navy. I sold it to a sailor that couldn't pay for it so i kept the title until he finished the payments. Well he quit Making i attempted to contact him and found he had gone AWOL. Long story short i still have the title and was trying to do a Vin search just to help me remember details about the bike. When i enter the Vin that's on the title it tells me i don't have enough digits to enter 17 my Vin only has 11. Any ideas?

Back