free website stats program Need advice. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need advice.

Eastcoster said:
Thanks for the advice , my buddy got the cams from dealer old stock , 100 bucks figured could not go wrong . Just went by the conversation I had with my buddy. Said would not fit the 96 but the 103 would be fine told me as far as he knew was a torque cam . I think I will look into your suggestions online there was very little about se211 now I know why. Have a good one brother ride safe thanks again .

The 211 is definitely not a torque cam; that would be the SE255 if looking at SE cams; it is a stump puller in a 103" motor. The SE211 is not a bad cam, it is just soft on the bottom and comes on late; more like a drag race cam where the motor is always spinning above 3000rpm. If that is your cup of tea, go for it. If not, there are many better choices for a "bolt in" torque or mid range cam set.:)

The 211 is definitely not a torque cam; that would be the SE255 if looking at SE cams; it is a stump puller in a 103" motor. The SE211 is not a bad cam, it is just soft on the bottom and comes on late; more like a drag race cam where the motor is always spinning above 3000rpm. If that is your cup of tea, go for it. If not, there are many better choices for a "bolt in" torque or mid range cam set.:)

Thanks for the advice. I noticed a rich smell after I have been out on the road and shut the bike down . I looked at the map the shop down loaded for me . They put in I was running a 2 into 1 big radius exhaust, but I run a 2 into one pro pipe the map numbers are different, would that make a difference in performance. Even though the auto tuned it aswell .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice. I noticed a rich smell after I have been out on the road and shut the bike down . I looked at the map the shop down loaded for me . They put in I was running a 2 into 1 big radius exhaust, but I run a 2 into one pro pipe the map numbers are different, would that make a difference in performance. Even though the auto tuned it aswell .

Can't speak to the rest of the shop map but there would be very little difference in performance between BR 2:1 and the Propipe; the Propipe should show a bit more TQ. Don't know how many "auto" tunes you have run or if they have been performed properly but it will take about 5-6 to fine tune. The FP3 is a "flash" tuner so your auto tunes should be over riding the shop map.

As for the fuel smell, not unusual unless it is really strong. How is the mileage? If the map is rich, obviously fuel smell will be present on shut down. Check out the attachment and give Vance/Hines a call; I think Chris is their in-house FP3 guru.

Attachments

• FP3 AutoTune.docx
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
Back