free website stats program Need advice. | Harley Davidson Forums

Need advice.

Eastcoster

Hey my name is East coaster. I run 20 14 fat Bob 103 in³ get a high flow air filter Vance & Hines pro comp exhaust FP3 tuner tuned by the shop. I just bought a set of screaming Eagle 211 cans. Got a smoking deal on them new to the upgrade game Wondering where to go from here do I need to put a high flow oil pump on it change anything in the top end looking for some general Advice thanks

Don't think the OP will be happy with the 211 cams; very late intake close and will be real soft on the low end. Without higher compression, those cams will not make much power before 3000 rpms Corrected compression is going to drop from about 9.4 to 8.9. Best thing the OP can do would be to re-sell those cams or toss them since he got a smokin deal and replace with SE204 for good mid range up power or SE255 for low end and strong mid range or Andrews 48 which will be similar to the SE255 but will carry out past 4000 rpms. The OP can probably find a good deal on a set of used SE204 or SE255s as well. A dyno tune will be required as well and the FP3 will get close but no substitute for a dyno tune. JMHO.;)

Don't think the OP will be happy with the 211 cams; very late intake close and will be real soft on the low end. Without higher compression, those cams will not make much power before 3000 rpms Corrected compression is going to drop from about 9.4 to 8.9. Best thing the OP can do would be to re-sell those cams or toss them since he got a smokin deal and replace with SE204 for good mid range up power or SE255 for low end and strong mid range or Andrews 48 which will be similar to the SE255 but will carry out past 4000 rpms. The OP can probably find a good deal on a set of used SE204 or SE255s as well. A dyno tune will be required as well and the FP3 will get close but no substitute for a dyno tune. JMHO.;)

Thanks for the advice , my buddy got the cams from dealer old stock , 100 bucks figured could not go wrong . Just went by the conversation I had with my buddy. Said would not fit the 96 but the 103 would be fine told me as far as he knew was a torque cam . I think I will look into your suggestions online there was very little about se211 now I know why. Have a good one brother ride safe thanks again .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back