free website stats program N.H. Motorcycle Law Change | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

N.H. Motorcycle Law Change

Re: Nh hb 95 fails!!!

The link to the MMA was interesting, especially the article about the rumored Mass. inspection policy.

The storm clouds gathering seem to indicate the days of loud exhausts are numbered. I think we would be wise to hang on to our stock exhaust systems and avoid the temptation to alter the factory baffles.

The mind of the sick and twisted New Englander (tongue in cheek). I think it's the 10 months of lousy weather that does it. Born and bred in central Massachusetts who left for Tampa Bay a few years ago. It wasn't the weather that drove me out of Massachusetts - it was the climate...

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere or is considered highjacking; I looked but could not find anything posted.
Massachusetts Motorcycle Association

MMA Legislative Alert – NHMRO Call to Action
Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Hello MMA:
Our friends from the New Hampshire Motorcyclists’ Rights Organization (NHMRO) have alerted us that 2 bills have been filed that they intend to fight:

•HB 1162 would make it Mandatory to wear Motorcycle Helmets
•HB 1261 would require an EPA Sticker\Stamp on your motorcycle exhaust
They have a special meeting planned for Sunday, January 10th at 1:30PM, at the Deerhead Sportsmen’s Club in Hooksett, NH to discuss these Bills.

Public Hearings have been scheduled for Thursday, January 28th at 10:30AM, at the Representative’s Hall, Concord NH State House.

The MMA is planning to attend both the meeting as well as the Hearings to support NHMRO. Any MMA member who also would like to preserve Freedom of Choice while motorcycle riding in New Hampshire is encouraged to attend.

For more information, please contact [removed] or go to the MMA’s Web Site: Massachusetts Motorcycle Association

Last edited by a moderator:
spending millions of dollars in a week

The vent has been dying for years. The past year was a bust due to the weather. Many of the vendors have stopped showing up. They should cut back the days and it might bring it back somewhat.

As far as the locals, for the most part they would be more than happy to see it end. The hotels were far from sold out and most of those going stayed for the day. In the past the four and five day minimums in rentals cut their own throat. Add the costs of the security, advertising, etc. and the profit to the region isn't in the millions.

The loud pipes have been an issue aside from the event weeks. Using common sense would help and those that find the need to open it up at 2am are the reason. When the resident complain to the politicians, this is the result. Sadly is wasn't the majority causing this push. Most use thier head and respect the area's residents.

the real point here is as people that CARE and have a stake in this, we need to take action as a group when one of these things come around call everyone, email all and even let the event holders know of such discussions on these pages so they can read for themselves. call the motels, resteraunts, goveners, mayors and so on!!! could you imagine if everyone registered to this site makeing those calls to each office in a three day period, WOW!!!

This whole thing has to be bogus, anyone that has ever tried to fight a speeding ticket knows the cop always has to show some sort of certification as to the accuracy of the radar gun, what are we going to have to show proof as to the accuracy of our own tachometer so they can prove their case against us ridiculious.

In Delaware they are really starting to crack down on the bike exhaust noise. Last year the Dept of Motor Vehicle started enforcing a 99 db rule for all bikes when they are inspected for registration. Folks that passed inspection in previous years are now being failed as they go to renew their license.

Many of these folks did not save their original exhaust when the installed the after market exhaust. My neighbor got caught in this situation and the "kind" dealer in town offered to loan and temporarily install stock exhaust on his bike to pass inspection and then put his pipes back on for $300.

Going to be a lot of people looking for stock exhaust around here for awhile.

About that tach thing, have not heard of that one in Delaware. Don't know how they could enforce that if the bike did not come stock from the manufacturer with a tach. They may have to exempt some models.

Back