free website stats program N.H. Motorcycle Law Change | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

N.H. Motorcycle Law Change

Anyone have a meter to test decibel levels? Try it on your bike and tell us the result.

I have one at work and my Sporty with after mkt. pipes would fail, so would my friends Sporty and another one we checked a 99' Springer with V&Hs installed.

So what happens to the folks that make aftermarket pipes. I guess they have to close up shop and move to a state that doesn't outlaw aftermarket pipes yet.

I grew up in NH right near Laconia and Bike Week is a really big boon to the economy in that area. I can't help but think that even if this does pass the economic repreccusion of this will come home to haunt them. If they make NH unfriendly to bikers, and bikers don't go to NH there will be big money lost, and hotel, motel, cottage, pub, and restaurant might decide that the noise to money ratio wasn't that bad to begin with. As Lisa sang in Cabaret,
"MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND" Cha ching.

With respect to the noise level requirement for the State's safety inspection, I imagine one could replace their slip-ons with the stock mufflers to pass an inspection then reinstall their slip ons afterward.

As someone said, the law isn't worth the ink it is written with if the police are not willing to enforce it. After all, don't many L.E.O.s ride bikes?

So now we have to stay out of Ney York ,NH, Murtle beach, Palm beach Have I missed any?

Don't fret folks. 3 Liberal reps from the snooty seacoast towns Exeter and Hampton will be overpowered by the rest of the state. Yes 2 of the reps from Hampton are neighbors. Hampton has been trying to do away with motorcycle noise for years.

Nh hb 95 fails!!!

The full house voted AGAINST this bill. It's dead. Gone.

Sleep well, folks. NH is still the "Live Free or Die" state.

Hey, why worry about our economy or the fact that our country is in one of worst recessions ever, lets pick on somebody, er,er,er, I know,guys on those motorcycles!!!!!

I was becoming concerned for my friends to the north. Thank God cooler heads prevailed.

Now if we can only get some of that "Live Free Or Die" sentiment to spread south to Mass......:s

Ya know, this sounds like a bill that I think all states are going to try and pass. And when one does, well, you know the rest. They are suppose to crack down on BOOM boxes here. What a joke. My neighbors dang license plate rattles louder than my FatBob. Well, not really. But, hey, what's the dang difference. Just had the FatBob taken to a Stage One with Krome Werks 3" slip-ons. Ohhh yea. As soon as the snow melts, well neighbor, payback's a 'B'.

Back