free website stats program My winter upgrades, what's your's? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

My winter upgrades, what's your's?

Never used the strap... mainly because I couldn't figure out how to hook it up & was in a hurry. Soon discovered it wasn't really necessary. Also for the dyna a small block of 1x2 is all you need for the adapter. Oh yea, because mine is lowered, I have to push the bike up on a 2x6 under the rear tire in order to clear the jack (Sears red).

Does helping my son rebuild a /75 XLCH count? He has his heart set on remaking the bike into an "old school" hard tail iron head bobber. The hard tail part is done and the engine seems good (runs and pulls strong in all gears). We're currently working on remaking the fenders, gas tank, oil tank, etc. The wiring is a bit of a challenge but if we run into trouble expect to see me hollering for help on this forum.

Get stuck in Traffic alot
Wrapping the exhaust
Traffic Fan

Might want to ask Smitty 'bout what Traffic Fan NOT TO GET! :newsmile053:

Never used a strap yet, never lost one either.

Yeah, but all it takes is once...doesn't hurt to take a little caution.

I thought a certain long time contributor in another post had one fall and did a couple thousand in damage...to two bikes! :newsmile030:

BTW just doing routine maintainence and some comfort accessories...it is the holiday season afterall. :newsmile062:

Last edited:
Not sure yet, depends on $$$$$ available which right now is NONE!
I did a fair amount of stuff to the 09 SG, if I got a fantasy wish-come-true gift from the MoCo Leather-Fairy, it would definitely be a set of gear-driven hotter cams and a custom dyno map to go with the Rush slip-ons, AC and Super Tuner I already put on the bike!
Sigh... I can always wish... but I'm not complaining, I'm truly thankful for the new Street Glide, Santa!!

Bone

What Winter????...today is our first day of Summer...grin..sorry guys just had to rub that one in...c'mon Down Under the weather is great

1st up you will need a set of Dyna adapters from HD as the Dynas have a section that sits lower on the frame towards the rear.
i put my Ultra on the lift with one person me :D
push the lift as far under as it will go - carefully
then move the bike over off the jiffy and until the lift goes under then slowly start to pump the lift and the bike will balance itselft nicely on the lift.
Once on with its wheels still in contact with the ground STRAP it to the lift then slowly start to lift if its unbalanced front to rear lower enough to adjust and then carry on.
Its a matter of finding what works for you if you have a 2nd person then use them its easier - my wife can barely stand let alone move the lift or a 800lb bike, so i learnt to do everything one handed

So it is not just riding skills that make Harley riders, but "Lift" skills as well...I guess I must have peaked riding a metric, now that I have a Harley it is a whole new level...! :D

Just Got Forward Controls For My Sporty And Planning On Saddlebags Before Full Fledged Riding Season Starts Again.

TFI to complete the Stage 1
Wild 1 WO517
Relocator brackets for driver floorboards
Speedway Instr Micro-tach (any feed back on this one would be appreciated)
As much chrome stuff as I can get away with:27:

Back